• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing

7 posts in this topic

So I have a decent amount of punisher comics and after 10+ years I finally obtained the amazing Spiderman 129. Its not the best condition but I want to get it slabbed. I am just looking into pressing is this something I should consider? Do most ppl use the pressing through this site? My friend was telling me I can send it to some other places to have pressed and they will then submit it to CGC for me. What do you all recommend? 

Based on what I have read on pressing I am not sure that I see much on this comic that pressing will help?

129.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Wakymilo

On 2/8/2022 at 9:31 AM, Math Teacher said:

Based on its condition, I would recommend against pressing it. I would also recommend against slabbing it, unless it has sentimental value to you.

Thanks I was thinking the same for pressing. I have been chasing and wanting this book since I was about 15 (now 32)...so I am slabbing it for sure if nothing else but to try and prevent further damage. 

On 2/8/2022 at 10:37 AM, Wakymilo said:

Thanks I was thinking the same for pressing. I have been chasing and wanting this book since I was about 15 (now 32)...so I am slabbing it for sure if nothing else but to try and prevent further damage. 

Definitely slab to protect. It is likely in the 3.0 range but still a great book to own even in lower grade!

I will second the recommendation against pressing. Might make it present a bit better but I don't feel it will help the grade. Plus if an amateur (or even some of the hacks at CGC) presses it, it could mess up that delicate looking spine even more which I would not think you would want. 

It might benefit from a (dry) clean prior to slabbing but I agree (without being able to really look at the book) that a press would either not help that much, or would do damage.  Most of the problems don't seem to be the kind that would be helped by a press.  Note that the good C&P folks have the kind of long wait times that CGC is experiencing as submission volumes have spiked.  You might be looking at a pretty long wait to get this book back.

Love this book!