• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure how this passed Quality Control....
2 2

12 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2022 at 10:36 PM, Mittens said:

I got worse than that I got metal upc cards that slide around horribly 

Same... are they fixing this? Or are we just SOL cause they're the only ones grading them for less than $300/each if at all (price is an exaggeration) 

If it is indeed an outside scuff, that happens often in bulk orders especially I've seen. I don't think it would qualify as mechanical error, as they can be rubbed out by using Plast-X. There are videos online of people cleaning scuffs / scratches from slabs that way

On 2/17/2022 at 11:52 AM, JohnBurke said:

If it is indeed an outside scuff, that happens often in bulk orders especially I've seen. I don't think it would qualify as mechanical error, as they can be rubbed out by using Plast-X. There are videos online of people cleaning scuffs / scratches from slabs that way

If that's the case then CGC can buy and use the Plast-X stuff themselves. There is no way I'd try to fix something like that from CGC crappy shipping cardboard junk after spending hundreds of dollars.

On 2/17/2022 at 12:51 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

If that's the case then CGC can buy and use the Plast-X stuff themselves. There is no way I'd try to fix something like that from CGC crappy shipping cardboard junk after spending hundreds of dollars.

@PaulS. What do you think of this? You posted in this topic long ago to buy plast-x ourselves and rub out the slab scuffs. Well, we are still getting scuffs after all this time. 

This is a widespread issue and I can’t be sending dozens back per order as mechanical errors 

Edited by JohnBurke

• Administrator

I do not believe this to be a widespread issue. It might still happen when the boxes are heavily mishandled by the shipping carriers, but otherwise, we have seen complaints about this drop 99% since moving to the new, white inserts. As always, you can reach out to customer service with any complaints and they can assist.

Thank you,

Paul

On 2/18/2022 at 8:51 AM, PaulS. said:

I do not believe this to be a widespread issue. It might still happen when the boxes are heavily mishandled by the shipping carriers, but otherwise, we have seen complaints about this drop 99% since moving to the new, white inserts. As always, you can reach out to customer service with any complaints and they can assist.

Thank you,

Paul

@PaulS. So do you include people who used plast-x and didn’t report it, in that data? Just wondering because my bulk shipment of 50 last month had the new white inserts. And yet 18 of them have scuffs, some very heavy. For the record I love cgc and your sister companies. But I’m just posting this as I believe it should be publicly known. And the OP had same issue with multiple slabs so, yes it may very well be more widespread than you think still

Edited by JohnBurke

• Administrator
On 2/18/2022 at 9:07 PM, JohnBurke said:

@PaulS. So do you include people who used plast-x and didn’t report it, in that data? Just wondering because my bulk shipment of 50 last month had the new white inserts. And yet 18 of them have scuffs, some very heavy. For the record I love cgc and your sister companies. But I’m just posting this as I believe it should be publicly known. And the OP had same issue with multiple slabs so, yes it may very well be more widespread than you think still

No, if people do not tell us there's an issue, then of course we do not record that. If you have holders with major damage, then the shipment was clearly mishandled. You should contact customer service at service@cgccards.com and they will help you out.

Thank you,

Paul