• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Futurama Returns (2023)
1 1

37 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2022 at 1:47 AM, ▫️ said:

I loved early Futurama, there were several episodes that really surprised me. The bee sting episode is still with me along with this one.

Really loved Jurrasic Bark.:cloud9:

On 3/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

This is SO relieving to see. It wouldn't have been nearly the same without him. They've already killed the show several times and this would've been a quick way to do it again. Can't wait to see new episodes! I just unpacked my series and I'm still missing a few later issues as well. The early ones are gold.

On 4/14/2022 at 7:40 AM, Jayman said:

The lucky clover episode was good too! (thumbsu

So it wasn't only me who thought that.  The twist at the end brought a tear to my eye.  He thought his brother hated him for all those years:cry:.

***I'm still not going to watch if the original Bender isn't voicing the new episodes

At one point probably 15 or so years ago, Futurama was running here at 11 pm (can't remember if it was Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, SyFy or what). My son - who had just magically turned into a teenager - and I watched every night.  There were so many episodes where one of the lines would have me laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath.  I look back on those days very, very fondly.

"Why do I have to be the hump?" - "Because you're too ugly to be a wart."

"I am Bender, please insert girder" - almost an entire episode to set up that one joke.

"I could reach it if I didn't have these damn arms!"

"But do we have the pure strength of will?"

Really unbelievably consistently funny and high quality.

I like the newest ones somewhat less as they're replaced some of the more clever jokes with just being crude, but I really liked the "eyePhone" episode and "You and I are enemies now" amongst other things.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:29 PM, MattTheDuck said:

At one point probably 15 or so years ago, Futurama was running here at 11 pm (can't remember if it was Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, SyFy or what). My son - who had just magically turned into a teenager - and I watched every night.  There were so many episodes where one of the lines would have me laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath.  I look back on those days very, very fondly.

[adult swim] had Futurama on-and-off for a long time.

I'm going to post this here since this is Futurama comic specific question - seems like you all might be the people to ask...

I have a question about Futurama 23. I have 2 copies & am trying to figure out which (if any) to send in for a John Dimaggio signature: in 90% of the listings I've seen there is a discoloration in the cover above Bender's mouth:

image.thumb.jpeg.b995425903cab3e91aa1d97f066377d7.jpeg

One of my copies has this discoloration, the other, does not, and more closely matches the digital image (from bongocomics.com):

image.png.6bc05b0d0141ce1206d97172d6c28bfc.png

However there is a soft crease running down the center of my book that I'm not convinced will press out... : /

Does anyone know if the discoloration is a printing defect?  

If it is a defect & wouldn't affect the grade I'll probably send that one in rather than the crease one, but if it would count against the grade I may just pass altogether...any insights greatly appreciated - thx!