• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez last signing suspended indefinitely
4 4

121 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2022 at 10:59 AM, Robkg said:

Signature series still has not recorded my book as received since 1/12. Hope it's because they were not certain if it was going to take place but I am getting a little concerned at this point. 

I am in the same position (my book has arrive but hasn't been recorded as received by CGC).  I imagine the volume of books sent in for the was overwhelming and sorting it out will be a gong show.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:31 PM, Derek S Putnam said:

Unsure if it's accurate but a news article about the JLA/Avengers reprint announced today stated the CGC signing has been cancelled now. Still looking for CGC announcement.

It was officially cancelled on Monday via an email. Many posts have been made about it.

Yes, this is a real shame for all fans hoping for the signing to happen.  Best wishes to GP and family, a real difficult time.  

Agree with the special label idea.

On another note what really is happening with these signings.  The feedback and absolute lack of it is appalling.  I still books in for the Steve Englehart signing and the word from Steve is that he is still waiting for the call. 

When do we actually get some proper customer service 🤔 

Going to hold off sending any more for SS until we start getting some proper Intel.

GM, UK

On 2/17/2022 at 3:42 PM, Monstertruck97 said:

People are getting charged after they cancelled this signing?

I have to check to see if they cashed my check.

I am growing frustrated with CGC for many reasons. :(

yep, I was charged a day after I told them to send my raw back. I sent an email three days ago and no word back. I have been trying to get through to accounting , which is usually pretty quick...but no success. My guess is that the accounting office (which is in NJ i think) is processing all the payments for the signings in one lump batch and then they will refund the ones who did not select option two of the email, individually. 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 2/18/2022 at 11:50 AM, Ed Hanes said:

yep, I was charged a day after I told them to send my raw back. I sent an email three days ago and no word back. I have been trying to get through to accounting , which is usually pretty quick...but no success. My guess is that the accounting office (which is in NJ i think) is processing all the payments for the signings in one lump batch and then they will refund the ones who did not select option two of the email, individually. 

Can you post the email? I never received one (guess I get to contact them myself).

On 2/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, thesink said:

Can you post the email? I never received one (guess I get to contact them myself).

Sure Thing

"We are writing you today with sad and unfortunate news, that due to George Perez's health CGC will no longer be able to host this signing. Our thoughts are with George and his family during this difficult and private time. So many fans have submitted books for this final signing with George Perez and we know all will be heartbroken with this news. And with that we appreciate your patience as we try to work through all of your submissions and get your valued collectibles back into your hands. 

CGC has a few options for you to consider. Please reply to this email and let us know which option you would like to proceed with. 

Option 1 - You can have your book graded as regular Universal grade with no signature. If you select this option, CGC will lower the grading fee by $5 per book.   

The George Perez label is still available with a Universal grade. If you selected this originally, we will keep it on your order. 

Shipping and handling fees will still apply.  

Option 2 – You may have your book routed to another Private Signing with Marv Wolfman or Jim Starlin. 

If you selected a George Perez label originally, we will keep it on your order. 

Option 3 - We will return your book(s) to you RAW - ungraded. 

CGC will return your collectibles using the original shipping method selected on your order form. If you select this option, CGC will cover the cost of return shipping. 

Option 4 - If your books(s) were previously graded and cracked out, CGC will reholder your book(s) and return them to you. 

If you selected a George Perez label, you will be charged for the label, but there will be no charge for the reholder 

CGC will return your collectibles using the original shipping method selected on your order form. If you select this option, CGC will cover the cost of return shipping. 

In all cases (except Option #2,) CGC will refund all signature fees paid.  

Please respond back at your earliest convenience and let the Signature Series team know your preferred option. We will process your submission as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Thank you for participating in this event to remember and commemorate the incredible legacy of George Perez" 

I think my concern would be if I previously selected a George Perez special label, there doesn't seem to be an option TO NOT GET IT NOW if you want to choose 1, 2, or 4.  But that is not a huge concern I guess.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:07 PM, revat said:

I think my concern would be if I previously selected a George Perez special label, there doesn't seem to be an option TO NOT GET IT NOW if you want to choose 1, 2, or 4.  But that is not a huge concern I guess.

At least that money is supposed to go to the Perez family..

On 2/18/2022 at 6:46 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Sure Thing

"We are writing you today with sad and unfortunate news, that due to George Perez's health CGC will no longer be able to host this signing. Our thoughts are with George and his family during this difficult and private time. So many fans have submitted books for this final signing with George Perez and we know all will be heartbroken with this news. And with that we appreciate your patience as we try to work through all of your submissions and get your valued collectibles back into your hands. 

CGC has a few options for you to consider. Please reply to this email and let us know which option you would like to proceed with. 

Option 1 - You can have your book graded as regular Universal grade with no signature. If you select this option, CGC will lower the grading fee by $5 per book.   

The George Perez label is still available with a Universal grade. If you selected this originally, we will keep it on your order. 

Option 2 – You may have your book routed to another Private Signing with Marv Wolfman or Jim Starlin. 

CGC will return your collectibles using the original shipping method selected on your order form. If you select this option, CGC will cover the cost of return shipping. 

Option 4 - If your books(s) were previously graded and cracked out, CGC will reholder your book(s) and return them to you. 

If you selected a George Perez label, you will be charged for the label, but there will be no charge for the reholder 

CGC will return your collectibles using the original shipping method selected on your order form. If you select this option, CGC will cover the cost of return shipping. 

Please respond back at your earliest convenience and let the Signature Series team know your preferred option. We will process your submission as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Thank you for participating in this event to remember and commemorate the incredible legacy of George Perez" 

Thanks for posting the email.  Have not received either but then again I have not been charged like you and the others.  Wonder if you received since you were charged?

See no mention of CCS Pressing.  For that I was previously charged so it will be good to get info about that as well.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:46 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Sure Thing

Does anyone know if these books will be graded and returned with signature TAT’s or standard TAT’s?

On 2/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, harkeyed said:

Does anyone know if these books will be graded and returned with signature TAT’s or standard TAT’s?

Good question!

On 2/19/2022 at 7:44 AM, thesink said:

Thanks @Ed Hanes. My bigger problem is that I have 13 books in for Perez and some would be good for Wolfman to sign (Teen Titans) and some have to be returned raw. I imagine they'll all have to return raw and go back if I decide to get Wolfman. 

hope they can do all that in the timeframe you would need