• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez last signing suspended indefinitely
4 4

121 posts in this topic

I too just got the email . 

I had 8 books that were selected to have pressed and Perez Labels. 

I selected to have them graded . I too did not have any mention of the press in the email. 

We will see how this goes.

:wishluck:

I got an email today as well, identical to the one I was told was for just the books that were not going to be pressed.  So, I'm assuming they are now getting to the books that were scheduled to be pressed.  

The first email for non-pressed books was marked as "B16" in the subject header; this one that went out today was marked as "B57."  The body of both emails appears to be identical.  

The good news is that once I replied to "B16", my submission status was updated later that same day.  Hopefully that will be the case with "B57"!  

On 3/11/2022 at 3:57 PM, sevans1979 said:

Mine was “B3” lol  we could play Bingo. My book was delivered today. Looks sharp with the Perez bust label. 

Stop, you'll get me hopeful that my books will be back to me soon.  

No change in status on my submissions page  :(  Still "scheduled for grading."  

On 3/11/2022 at 5:29 PM, djzombi said:

Stop, you'll get me hopeful that my books will be back to me soon.  

No change in status on my submissions page  :(  Still "scheduled for grading."  

Here is my timeline if you want to get an idea. 
Delivered to CGC via USPS 1/7

Marked received 1/17

SFG 1/17

Grading/Encap/imaging 3/2

Grading/Quality Control 3/3

Shipped 3/7

Got my Options email on Friday (3/11) for my slabbed comic book that was sitting at CCS. Got confirmation email today (Monday) and status moved from CCS to Reholder (Option 4). That all moved along rather quickly. Hopefully will continue in that direction.

This how I got back my raw from the George Perez signing that was canceled...

The back cover was bent..it was not bent when I sent it to them ,..you can tell the bending is fresh as it does not have that crisp edge 

Whomever packed it pushed it down against the bubble wrap and it bent..luckily the comic didn't bend through the middle.  You can tell that the larger box it came in is not bent...so UPS did just fine

It's not an expensive book but this is certainly troubling. I don't expect any compensation and not asking for it

Guess we should all be thankful this company doesn't deal with returning raws that much

I just want my refund for the cancelled signing..still haven't received it

IMG-1207.jpg

IMG-1210.jpg

IMG-1209.jpg

IMG-1208.jpg

Edited by Ed Hanes

Got the email from them around Feb. 18th cancelling the signing, stating a member of the signature series team would be in touch which as of today is NADA. 

About a week later, they deposited my check for two books and labels ($165).  Now, I am out money and my books.  I don't blame George as this was a benefit to help cover his medical, but CGC should have had a ready fallback plan to get raws back to people ASAP and for those still getting them graded and slabbed, only charge the normal grading price.   I contacted them via the contact form on their website, vented my displeasure, and still nothing.

I should have put a stop payment on my check the minute they announced it was cancelled.  All of you who paid credit card should file a dispute with your credit card issuer so that you are not responsible for paying the charge while CGC gets its cover art out of its back page.  I have had to spend the past two months dealing with screwed up pay checks where my employer has switched payroll platforms and zero communication.  CGC is doing the same and losing customers in the process.

I finally heard back today that they will allow me to split my shipment between the Starlin and Wolfman signings, which is perfect as I sent in both Infinity Gauntlet and Titans books. However, I also submitted an Avengers 196 that will need to be returned (unless they add a Michelinie signing.)

I got the email on Feb 19 but did not get around to responding until today. 

I was going to ask for it to be returned raw, but then I saw the horror show reported by the member above. 

So, I went for option 1, grading, supposedly the pressing I ordered originally, and the label.

The raw comic is essentially worthless but I figured it will make a nice memento.

Also, my "B" number is different than those stated by other members.  My personal details (name, order number, etc.) do not appear in the email, so I assume they track by the B number.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:52 PM, blpadge2 said:

Got the email from them around Feb. 18th cancelling the signing, stating a member of the signature series team would be in touch which as of today is NADA. 

About a week later, they deposited my check for two books and labels ($165).  Now, I am out money and my books.  I don't blame George as this was a benefit to help cover his medical, but CGC should have had a ready fallback plan to get raws back to people ASAP and for those still getting them graded and slabbed, only charge the normal grading price.   I contacted them via the contact form on their website, vented my displeasure, and still nothing.

I should have put a stop payment on my check the minute they announced it was cancelled.  All of you who paid credit card should file a dispute with your credit card issuer so that you are not responsible for paying the charge while CGC gets its cover art out of its back page.  I have had to spend the past two months dealing with screwed up pay checks where my employer has switched payroll platforms and zero communication.  CGC is doing the same and losing customers in the process.

Emailed CGC last night at both privatesignings@cgccomics.com and signatureseries@cgccomics.com 

"CGC,

Below is the email I received from you a month ago regarding the cancellation of the George Perez event.

It has been a month, and I have yet to receive a follow up email from the signature series team regarding my options, but I know that others have already been contacted.

Worse my $165 check to cover submission 4010331 was deposited and cleared my bank on 2/23 after the cancellation was announced.  To me that is a very shady business practice, and had I known you would deposit my check after the cancellation was announced, I would contacted my bank and had a stop payment issued.  Had I paid by credit card I would have filed a dispute by now.

My books are currently listed as scheduled for grading which I do not understand since I have yet to be contacted by you regarding how I want to proceed.

Currently, you have lost a customer, and I am filing a complaint with the BBB."

signatureseries@cgccomics.com sent this response today

"Hey there,

If you submitted to the Private Signing for George Perez, you should be receiving Options for your submission from our Private Signings e-Mail:
We ask for your patience until you receive an e-Mail regarding the George Perez Private Signing Options for your submission(s). We are working methodically through all submissions and we will reach out once we process your chosen Option(s). 
Thank you, in-advance, for your understanding as we work our way to your order and email you from our other e-Mail address:
If you have already received an e-Mail from with Options from our Private Signings e-Mail, we would ask for your patience as we respond to all received e-Mails. 
Thank You,

CGC Signature Series Department"

Here's an update and timeline which may help others

I received email with options on 3/11 and I emailed back that day with my option and also mentioned the charge already for pressing.

I received new email today 3/18 with the following message -

This email is to confirm your choice of Option 3. Appropriate refunds are forthcoming. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

My status now shows service - DO NOT ENCAPSULATE and status - Scheduled for Grading.

Things are moving so I await my books and the refund.

They apparently missed my email reply from last week as they emailed me yesterday asking for my option.  I replied again (option 1) and today the status went from "received at CCS" to "scheduled for grading".

Not sure where the pressing occurs or if that's already done, but things seem to be moving.