• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez last signing suspended indefinitely
4 4

121 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2022 at 1:15 PM, thesink said:

The problem for me is that (assuming the answer is we cannot split an order in terms of return raw or submit for another signing) by the time these return they will be too late to submit what I want to Wolfman. 

I only submitted the one but I'm sure they would allow to split multiple but when the eventually read your email it'll be to late the way they are going. I'm just going to get a blue label instead of wolfman depending on cost but it's not clear in their email

It has been over a week since I asked the signature department if I could split my sub between different options (i.e. have some sent back to me raw, others graded at the discount).  I have not heard back, so I sent another email today.

I *DID* finally hear back from accounting regarding some mystery charges.  They sent me an extremely confusing "payment report" that was even cut off on the right hand side, so not all the information was visible.  From what I could deduce, two of the three charges were for a submission I sent in December; the third was for part of the Perez signing, though it appears they overcharged for shipping by $3.00.  My packing slip said shipping would be $40, and I was charged $43.  The charge appears to be for the Perez books I was NOT having pressed.  I have not yet been charged grading/shipping fees for the two I wanted pressed at the time, though I did get charged the $40 in pressing fees by CCS.  

This whole thing is a HUGE headache.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating that CGC *REALLY* needs to have a part of our online account page that details all charges in an extremely transparent manner.  Honestly, I'm sure it would save them time and headache dealing with all the customers that have no effing clue what's going on with their amount owed, charges made months late, and account credits from subscription renewals.  

On 3/1/2022 at 6:17 PM, djzombi said:

It has been over a week since I asked the signature department if I could split my sub between different options (i.e. have some sent back to me raw, others graded at the discount).  I have not heard back, so I sent another email today.

I *DID* finally hear back from accounting regarding some mystery charges.  They sent me an extremely confusing "payment report" that was even cut off on the right hand side, so not all the information was visible.  From what I could deduce, two of the three charges were for a submission I sent in December; the third was for part of the Perez signing, though it appears they overcharged for shipping by $3.00.  My packing slip said shipping would be $40, and I was charged $43.  The charge appears to be for the Perez books I was NOT having pressed.  I have not yet been charged grading/shipping fees for the two I wanted pressed at the time, though I did get charged the $40 in pressing fees by CCS.  

This whole thing is a HUGE headache.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating that CGC *REALLY* needs to have a part of our online account page that details all charges in an extremely transparent manner.  Honestly, I'm sure it would save them time and headache dealing with all the customers that have no effing clue what's going on with their amount owed, charges made months late, and account credits from subscription renewals.  

@CGC Mike @Jennifer F.

Hey guys, see if you can help this boardie out.

MY GP SIG books showed up on CCS pressing and CGC submitted emails today....wait till they try charging the CC i blocked because i want the books back not pressed or graded...and i'm not doing the charge me then refund me game. NO EMAIL either giving me options....NOT HAPPENING CGC

On 3/1/2022 at 8:25 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

MY GP SIG books showed up on CCS pressing and CGC submitted emails today....wait till they try charging the CC i blocked because i want the books back not pressed or graded...and i'm not doing the charge me then refund me game. NO EMAIL either giving me options....NOT HAPPENING CGC

Yeah, that seems the way to go.  It looks like they're charging, then refunding whatever amount is the difference between original charge and the charge for the new services you opt for, which is BACK-WARDS.  How about not charging anything until you actually know what people are choosing?  Who knows when we will see refunds for those books that are receiving zero services and just having their books shipped back to them. Meanwhile, the charges are racking up interest fees on my CC.  That's actual lost money.  

Follow-up:
I got a curt email back from accounting did not answer many (any?) questions I had asked regarding the mystery charges.  They did not explain the $3.00 overcharge, and did not verify which orders the charges were for.  I was essentially told the information that was cut off on the payment report was none of my concern.  

But they did refund my money for the Perez signing on the books that weren't going to go through CCS, though I didn't yet state what I would like done with the books.  I'm still awaiting response from the signature team regarding splitting the order (having some still graded, the others mailed back raw).  One would think the signature team would get their ducks in a row with the Perez submissions before announcing, what, 8+ additional signing events?  

Maybe I should just be thankful that I'm probably the only person so far that has gotten their refund (even though it was only partial)?  

I submitted TWO packages for this.  One is opened and I’ve been charged AFTER the cancellation announcement. WTF?!

I emailed asking for the charge to be refunded  I got told to hit the street  

it’s likely criminal to charge for services you’re aware will never be rendered    No difference than my taking your money today for tickets to a Prince concert   Fraud!

the 2nd package arrived on 25 Jan to them, their system tracks it as arriving but it’s nowhere to be found. 

I never got an email about how to proceed- I found out here on the chat board. 

I emailed a week ago with instructions on proceeding but haven’t heard anything 

I’m in Australia.  It’s really frustrating. Especially since it’s the same experience for everyone.  Why doesn’t cgc hire more (or better) customer service people?   

On 3/5/2022 at 5:46 AM, Ferretboy said:

Sent in a shipment which was received by CGC in my submission page on 2/2.  I was charged for pressing at the time, which has been my normal experience with the Signature Series events.  I have yet to receive the instructions email they said to wait for.  It has been three weeks now.  During those three weeks, they have added mutiple other signing events, and yet have still not contacted all of the customers for the Perez event about their options.  I would have thought that options email would have been sent out en masse like the cancellation notice was, and immediately after the Wolfman and Starlin signings were announced.  the fact that some have received the options email and others still have not is frustrating.  I will probably break down and email them next week.  It seems like a massive customer service failure, for an event that no reasonable customer blames them for not occcuring.  Yet their seeming apathy with regards to the resolution of this, is not reflecting well at all.

Email them if you wish, but here is the response you will get (I still have not received the options email either).

Received Feb 21st:

“Good morning!

Thank you for your correspondence. 

We are methodically working through all invoices for George Perez. We will reach out to you with options when we get to your invoice. We ask for your patience until you receive the email from us with the options.”

I don’t understand how it takes a signer a shorter time frame (2-3 days) to sign the actual books than it takes CGC to send a form email to submitters. 

I finally got some answers/solutions from Signature Series dept, but only for the part of my order that wasn't scheduled to go through CCS.  Apparently they prefer that you don't split your order between options (Grading, returned raw, sent to another signer), but will do it.  I saved them the headache and chose the same option for all of the non-pressed books.  The same day I informed them I wanted the non-pressed books to still be graded, their status on my submissions page went from in-house signing/grading to "Scheduled for grading - MODERN."  So there's hope.  
Unfortunately, the signature department said they were currently only dealing with the non-CCS involved books, and for some reason couldn't help me right now with the books I had originally ordered to be also be pressed.  I have yet to be contacted regarding what I want done with those books, and they are still marked as "in-house signing" on my submission page.  

On 3/8/2022 at 10:06 AM, djzombi said:

I finally got some answers/solutions from Signature Series dept, but only for the part of my order that wasn't scheduled to go through CCS.  Apparently they prefer that you don't split your order between options (Grading, returned raw, sent to another signer), but will do it.  I saved them the headache and chose the same option for all of the non-pressed books.  The same day I informed them I wanted the non-pressed books to still be graded, their status on my submissions page went from in-house signing/grading to "Scheduled for grading - MODERN."  So there's hope.  
Unfortunately, the signature department said they were currently only dealing with the non-CCS involved books, and for some reason couldn't help me right now with the books I had originally ordered to be also be pressed.  I have yet to be contacted regarding what I want done with those books, and they are still marked as "in-house signing" on my submission page.  

That's a confusing response as books that are to be pressed are supposed to be pressed post signing. I'm interested to see if anyone's books come back pressed when they are returned raw.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:06 AM, djzombi said:

Interesting update. So that would explain why I have not received the email either for options.  My submitted books were sent in with pressing option.  I was already charged for pressing when books sent in a while back.  Figured it would be a mess for them to split orders up (for me when I get the email, I will ask them to send back books ungraded and refund my pressing charged)

On 3/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

I've already seen people have been getting their submissions (graded only) back already

That's really, really good to know that these are being prioritized.  

Also, it seems the ones that were going to be pressed in addition to graded were separated from those without pressing, and that the signature department is first dealing with the ones without pressing, then will deal with the ones that were to be pressed.  I was also already charged for the pressing, nearly immediately upon CGC's receipt of my submission.  I was not, however, charged for grading on those books, so I will only need a refund for the pressing fee.  

On 3/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

I've already seen people have been getting their submissions (graded only) back already

On 3/8/2022 at 7:42 PM, djzombi said:

That's really, really good to know that these are being prioritized.  

Also, it seems the ones that were going to be pressed in addition to graded were separated from those without pressing, and that the signature department is first dealing with the ones without pressing, then will deal with the ones that were to be pressed.  I was also already charged for the pressing, nearly immediately upon CGC's receipt of my submission.  I was not, however, charged for grading on those books, so I will only need a refund for the pressing fee.  

Here’s how mine went down. I sent in 1 book for the GP signing. No press. I sent it early, it was delivered to CGC Jan 7. When the event got cancelled I got the email with my options about three days later. I stated I would like to have it graded universal since it was already there. I don’t remember exactly but I think they replied back same day or maybe the next verifying what I wanted. It was moved to “Modern” from in-house signing SFG. It sat for roughly a month and started moving. It was shipped Monday (3/7) and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. However I’m still waiting on a refund for the difference on my CC. I emailed about the refund and was told yesterday that it should be refunded this week. So we will see. So based on that and other posts I’m seeing they must be doing it from the order the books came in and non pressed books? Obviously I can’t 100% confirm that lol