• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez last signing suspended indefinitely
4 4

121 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2022 at 10:43 AM, jokiing said:

Got my Options email on Friday (3/11) for my slabbed comic book that was sitting at CCS. Got confirmation email today (Monday) and status moved from CCS to Reholder (Option 4). That all moved along rather quickly. Hopefully will continue in that direction.

Today (3/22) my Reholder moved to Grading/Quality Control

Yes I'm also waiting for that initial e-mail. I reached out to the Private Signings mailbox on 3/5, and received the "Hey There!" reply the following day. Submitted a dozen books for pressing, which have been Received at CCS for over a month.

I received the email on March 12th.  I sent out my reply with instructions on March 15th.  I have still not received any sort of confirmation that they received my reply.  I resent my reply on Friday April 1st.  

I have had nothing but positive experiences with the in house signing events to this point.  So I guess I was due.  The longer this goes on though, it will definitely overshadow the positive experiences.

Got my shipment but am wondering if I got the wrong book back. It came with George Perez label which I did not request, grade dropped from 9.8 to 9.6, and serial number is different. I sent in #3866595021 graded in 2021 and they sent me back #1448498005 graded in 2017...

EDIT: Returned the book to CGC and they were able to resolve the issue.

InQlp8W.jpeg

Edited by cocomonk22

On 4/2/2022 at 9:06 PM, cocomonk22 said:

Got my shipment but am wondering if I got the wrong book back. It came with George Perez label which I did not request, grade dropped from 9.8 to 9.6, and serial number is different. I sent in #3866595021 graded in 2021 and they sent me back #1448498005 graded in 2017...

InQlp8W.jpeg

Contact customer service.

I just got off the phone with customer service as I haven't received an email about one of my books that I submitted and was told that they have close to 12,000 orders for this signing event that they haven't dealt with yet.  Looks like it will be a long sit and wait before they get to it.

On 4/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, JBK said:

12,000 ?! 

I had no idea. No wonder GP backed out.

He said :

On 4/6/2022 at 1:58 PM, LudaToke said:

12,000 orders for this signing event that they haven't dealt with yet. 

That just says that they haven't even dealt with yet, implying there were WAY more in total.. 

I am curious how many books made their way to CGC for this signing in total.  

On 4/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

He said :

That just says that they haven't even dealt with yet, implying there were WAY more in total.. 

I am curious how many books made their way to CGC for this signing in total.  

Yeah those numbers are huge when you consider that is what is left to deal with and of the 12,000 that are left, there is a good chance a large portion of those orders have more than 1 book.  There are easily 15.000-20,000 books still to be returned. 

These were sent in and cracked for the Perez signing, but since that did not happen I opted for the labels and new cases.

Bummed however because when CGC sent me a message on options for submitted books for the signing that was cancelled, I wanted the Perez label and a press to try and bump the grades. The press did not happen even though I made that clear in my responses back. :eyeroll:

20220415_205706.jpg

20220415_205723.jpg

20220415_205840.jpg

20220415_205852.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE
Better photos.

For those who chose option for return of books raw, here is the time table I had

03/11 - received letter with options and I chose option 3 to return books raw

03/18 - received acknowledgement of choice

04/12 - received shipping information (UPS)

04/16 - package arrived.  Comics cam back secure, no damage

After I received shipping info, I wrote back to CGC to inquire about refund for the pressing fees and they wrote back the following,

Our accounting team is working diligently to ensure any additional fees that may have already been charged are refunded properly. Due to the large number of submissions, it may take a few weeks before you see a refund to your card. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this unfortunate situation.

My comic book arrived today. 

It looks pretty good.

I have very few comics and this is my first slabbed one, but overall I'm happy with 9.6 on a comic book that was bought 39 years ago, put in a plastic sleeve, and then stored with my others for almost four decades.

The George Perez signing (and the Terry Austin one) got me to rediscover my small stack of comics all these years later.

20220422_131948.jpg

20220422_131959.jpg

I just realized...this is a double charitable issue. The comic proceeds went to fight drug abuse and the special label proceeds went to GP and family. 🙂

Edited by JBK
Formatting, content

On 4/16/2022 at 2:14 PM, waynemel said:

For those who chose option for return of books raw, here is the time table I had

03/11 - received letter with options and I chose option 3 to return books raw

03/18 - received acknowledgement of choice

04/12 - received shipping information (UPS)

04/16 - package arrived.  Comics cam back secure, no damage

After I received shipping info, I wrote back to CGC to inquire about refund for the pressing fees and they wrote back the following,

Our accounting team is working diligently to ensure any additional fees that may have already been charged are refunded properly. Due to the large number of submissions, it may take a few weeks before you see a refund to your card. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this unfortunate situation.

Last update for this from me.  I received update today the pressing fee refund has been applied to my latest order I have with them (another signing).  This makes more sense to do instead of refunding and then charging my credit card.

after seeing post after post on socials proudly showing the boxes and boxes of books for chris claremont i decided to email about where my books were from the perez signing as going on three months now i have not heard anything back. I was told that they still have 10-15 boxes of books (from the 12000 books that came for the signing) that they have not gotten to yet despite and i quote "working hundreds of hours of overtime" and contacting "10,000 customers".

as a customer, obviously its really disappointing that it takes this long to get issues addressed, but also the poor staff clearly have waaaaaay more work than they are capable of doing. i feel sorry for them.