• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter just went savage on Arthur Suydam
3 3

128 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2022 at 11:57 AM, tiffleberry said:

Because I am not concerned about value. It is only an option to have it burned, the winning bidder may not want it burned. I didn’t get this sketch, or any sketch for that matter, in hopes of them ever being valuable. 

I will be cutting out the official stamp and gluing it to the bag I mail the ashes in so you know it’s official Arthur Suydam merchandise. 

edit: Arthur is such a jerk that he probably wouldn’t even care if I burned it in front of him. He made his money lol. 

Seems like it's allowing a narcissist to get to you. You know? He's still dictating terms. I get it, though. I'd be the same way if I paid for a Frank Miller remarque (infantile doodling) on a Dark Knight book. Have you seen those? $250 for something I could do with my left foot? IMO, he has always sucked at being an artist but is one hella writer.

I think I would keep that Sudyam thing and continue telling the story. I love black humor anyway. I've LEARNED to love it and I BEGAN loving it by learning to laugh at trauma. Ya HAFTA laugh. To me, it's hilarious. Not that you were insulted as a kid, you know? That stinks and I am sorry for that, 13 year old you. I really am.

But now you are an adult. Heck. Me being who I am, I would buy a table at a Con with just that note page on display and charge $5 per person and tell the story over and over. Ha. Let him amble over and give you grief if he wants. I'd get loud. "Hey! It's Sudyam! Step right up ladies and gents! Get yer very own infantile doodle from the talentless narcissist hack Sudyam! Is it a potato? Is it a helicopter? Is it a potato flying a helicopter? Who knows?" Treat it like admission to see the freakshow.

Really. The story is priceless. Having the proof is also priceless. That's ICING, young 'un. But it's your own thing. Not telling you what you should do. Telling you revenge comes in different forms and opportunities. I would make it work for me until Sudyam shuffled off his mortal, squirming coil.

Edited by Randall Ries

On 2/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, Randall Ries said:

Seems like it's allowing a narcissist to get to you. You know? He's still dictating terms. I get it, though. I'd be the same way if I paid for a Frank Miller remarque (infantile doodling) on a Dark Knight book. Have you seen those? $250 for something I could do with my left foot? IMO, he has always sucked at being an artist but is one hella writer.

I think I would keep that Sudyam thing and continue telling the story. I love black humor anyway. I've LEARNED to love it and I BEGAN loving it by learning to laugh at trauma. Ya HAFTA laugh. To me, it's hilarious. Not that you were insulted as a kid, you know? That stinks and I am sorry for that, 13 year old you. I really am.

But now you are an adult. Heck. Me being who I am, I would buy a table at a Con with just that note page on display and charge $5 per person and tell the story over and over. Ha. Let him amble over and give you grief if he wants. I'd get loud. "Hey! It's Sudyam! Step right up ladies and gents! Get yer very own infantile doodle from the talentless narcissist hack Sudyam! Is it a potato? Is it a helicopter? Is it a potato flying a helicopter? Who knows?" Treat it like admission to see the freakshow.

Really. The story is priceless. Having the proof is also priceless. That's ICING, young 'un. But it's your own thing. Not telling you what you should do. Telling you revenge comes in different forms and opportunities. I would make it work for me until Sudyam shuffled off his mortal, squirming coil.

Randall great idea but I think Tiffani has carried this around long enough.

How about YOU bid and win this piece and be the story teller at the local freak show comic con?

Hear ye!

Hear Ye!

Drop a fiver in the hat if you dare and come see a real live piece of junk zombie punisher. ☠️ 

It Will chill.

it will thrill.

BY THE WAY FOLKS JUST 3 and ONE HALF HOURS REMAIN UNTIL THIS EBAY AUCTION COMES TO AN END. THE WINNER HAS THE POWER TO BURN OR THE POWER TO EARN.

Yeah, maybe this art needs a road show. It has a story already. Comedy? Tragedy? Both probably.

But also justice and redemption.

Tiffani is savage!!!!!!!

🍇  🦍 

On 2/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, grapeape said:

Randall great idea but I think Tiffani has carried this around long enough.

How about YOU bid and win this piece and be the story teller at the local freak show comic con?

Hear ye!

Hear Ye!

Drop a fiver in the hat if you dare and come see a real live piece of junk zombie punisher. ☠️ 

It Will chill.

it will thrill.

BY THE WAY FOLKS JUST 3 and ONE HALF HOURS REMAIN UNTIL THIS EBAY AUCTION COMES TO AN END. THE WINNER HAS THE POWER TO BURN OR THE POWER TO EARN.

Yeah, maybe this art needs a road show. It has a story already. Comedy? Tragedy? Both probably.

But also justice and redemption.

Tiffani is savage!!!!!!!

🍇  🦍 

Yup! It's why I said (lemme find it, now....AH!) "That's ICING, young 'un. But it's your own thing. Not telling you what you should do. Telling you revenge comes in different forms and opportunities."

Age, experience, being a full grown man comes with a full grown perspective.

I LOVE your Barker rap! LOL!

My worry is that an actual piece of OA will get destroyed over something as pedestrian as revenge. It can be better used as revenge if it is whole. Can be used like a baton over and over again. I'll bid on it. Sure! I hope I win it. It's a great piece of someone's history. Perhaps tiffleberry will want it back someday when SHE is full growed. Do you know that every seven years, we are a completely different person? It's true! Each one of our cells is completely different than the ones they were 7 years prior. Same with brain cells and brain chemistry. That's why hindsight is a BEEitch. Things I did or destroyed years ago suddenly have value. And as I age, I use the phrase "Ugh. If ONLY I HAD...fill in the blank)" more often than I used to.

Off to find the EBay link....

On 2/20/2022 at 5:44 PM, Randall Ries said:

Oh wait wait wait. I want to bid on this item but I DO NOT WANT ashes. I want the sketch. Is that on the table as an option or is it doomed to be consigned to the flames? Sour grapes is bad karma. The thing needs to live and be what I see in the photo on EBay. Is that possible?

Buyer's choice. 

hm 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:44 PM, Randall Ries said:

Oh wait wait wait. I want to bid on this item but I DO NOT WANT ashes. I want the sketch. Is that on the table as an option or is it doomed to be consigned to the flames? Sour grapes is bad karma. The thing needs to live and be what I see in the photo on EBay. Is that possible?

😂 Not everyone is calling for burning. In fact I don’t think I personally would ever destroy a piece of art no matter how little effort an artist put in to it.

If you win it it’s yours. No peer pressure from me to burn. Actually when I suggested Tiffani auction it I simply hoped she would get her money back, have a bit of fun with a cathartic exercise. The community by and large rallies around her negative experience as an 11 year old.

Whatever happens to the sketch it’s legend now. The link is in this thread a few times for the eBay auction so interested parties get cracking It’s almost hammer time

On 2/20/2022 at 7:09 PM, grapeape said:

😂 Not everyone is calling for burning. In fact I don’t think I personally would ever destroy a piece of art no matter how little effort an artist put in to it.

If you win it it’s yours. No peer pressure from me to burn. Actually when I suggested Tiffani auction it I simply hoped she would get her money back, have a bit of fun with a cathartic exercise. The community by and large rallies around her negative experience as an 11 year old.

Whatever happens to the sketch it’s legend now. The link is in this thread a few times for the eBay auction so interested parties get cracking It’s almost hammer time

Cool. I won't have any truck with a burning party. Not books. Not art. We aren't ignorant members of a school board or the PTA.

On 2/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, Randall Ries said:

Cool. I won't have any truck with a burning party. Not books. Not art. We aren't ignorant members of a school board or the PTA.

I like the traveling “art” show angle. One human’s junk is another’s Sistine Chapel. The crowd can throw praise or tomatoes. Either way they must pay the toll.

Edited by grapeape

On 2/20/2022 at 6:11 PM, Randall Ries said:

On 2/20/2022 at 4:38 PM, Randall Ries said:

Yup! It's why I said (lemme find it, now....AH!) "That's ICING, young 'un. But it's your own thing. Not telling you what you should do. Telling you revenge comes in different forms and opportunities."

Age, experience, being a full grown man comes with a full grown perspective.

I LOVE your Barker rap! LOL!

My worry is that an actual piece of OA will get destroyed over something as pedestrian as revenge. It can be better used as revenge if it is whole. Can be used like a baton over and over again. I'll bid on it. Sure! I hope I win it. It's a great piece of someone's history. Perhaps tiffleberry will want it back someday when SHE is full growed. Do you know that every seven years, we are a completely different person? It's true! Each one of our cells is completely different than the ones they were 7 years prior. Same with brain cells and brain chemistry. That's why hindsight is a BEEitch. Things I did or destroyed years ago suddenly have value. And as I age, I use the phrase "Ugh. If ONLY I HAD...fill in the blank)" more often than I used to.

Off to find the EBay link....

I really don’t appreciate your patronizing tone over something that was supposed to be fun. No need to be rude to me because I am a 25 year old woman. You make a lot of assumptions about what I know about value and assume it’s very little because of my age. Thankfully I had a very intelligent father who has taught me so much. Again, even if this piece was worth $1,000, which it will NEVER be, I would still burn it and laugh while doing it. That’s how little it matters to me.

I didn’t start this thread. I didn’t even have the eBay idea! 

You commented about it without even reading the description for the item. 

If you feel so strongly, bid on it. It has a little over an hour left. The novels you wrote to me and the assumptions you make about my maturity level were really not necessary. 

On 2/20/2022 at 7:25 PM, grapeape said:

I like the traveling “art” show angle. One human’s junk is another’s Cistine Chapel. The crowd can throw praise or tomatoes. Either way they must pay the toll.

Wasn't Sistine Chapel a character on the original "Star Trek" series?

As long as they don't hit the Sudyam debacle, they can throw all the tomatoes they want.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:28 PM, tiffleberry said:

I really don’t appreciate your patronizing tone over something that was supposed to be fun. No need to be rude to me because I am a 25 year old woman. You make a lot of assumptions about what I know about value and assume it’s very little because of my age. Thankfully I had a very intelligent father who has taught me so much. Again, even if this piece was worth $1,000, which it will NEVER be, I would still burn it and laugh while doing it. That’s how little it matters to me.

I didn’t start this thread. I didn’t even have the eBay idea! 

You commented about it without even reading the description for the item. 

If you feel so strongly, bid on it. It has a little over an hour left. The novels you wrote to me and the assumptions you make about my maturity level were really not necessary. 

Hey sorry. Wasn't my intent at all. I did bid. I'm highest bidder. I did read the description. I asked questions because I was concerned there may be some ambiguity between the conversation here and the listing on EBay.

You WILL be a different person when you age another 20 or 30 years. That's just a fact. And you will have a different perspective. That's just a fact as well.

I know why it matters little to you NOW. It may be a different matter many years from now. Life has a way of making us look back when we age. You'll see. In fact if I DO win it, I will care for it because it meant so much to you obviously. It's a snake in your garden right now. Years from now it may mean something completely different. And years from now - if possible - I will return it to you if you wish for it.

Wish me luck.

On 2/20/2022 at 6:34 PM, Randall Ries said:

Hey sorry. Wasn't my intent at all. I did bid. I'm highest bidder. I did read the description. I asked questions because I was concerned there may be some ambiguity between the conversation here and the listing on EBay.

You WILL be a different person when you age another 20 or 30 years. That's just a fact. And you will have a different perspective. That's just a fact as well.

I know why it matters little to you NOW. It may be a different matter many years from now. Life has a way of making us look back when we age. You'll see. In fact if I DO win it, I will care for it because it meant so much to you obviously. It's a snake in your garden right now. Years from now it may mean something completely different. And years from now - if possible - I will return it to you if you wish for it.

Wish me luck.

Again, making a lot of assumptions about me.

I didn’t ask for your unsolicited advice. I already have a dad, thanks. I assure you it will never have value to me, stop trying to tell me how to feel, thank you. 

You are seriously trying to convince me that this sketch that a 3 year old could draw will someone magically gain value to me personally one day. No. The value came from this thread and the joke.

You took this entirely too seriously and are still continuing to patronize me. Please stop.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:08 PM, Randall Ries said:

Thanks. I just needed some clarification.

You must have outbid me.  I was going to put it in my CAF gallery and on twitter tagging the loser (Sudyam) in it. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/20/2022 at 7:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

You must have outbid me.  I was going to put it in my CAF gallery and on twitter tagging the loser (Sudyam) in it. 

I hope you win, Buzzetta! I think the back story is great. It has more significance to the owner than she is willing to admit, I think. Or perhaps it would have been destroyed long ago.But that is only my take on it. Certainly isn't engraved in copper. I plan to will it back to her when I die.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:38 PM, tiffleberry said:

Again, making a lot of assumptions about me.

I didn’t ask for your unsolicited advice. I already have a dad, thanks. I assure you it will never have value to me, stop trying to tell me how to feel, thank you. 

You are seriously trying to convince me that this sketch that a 3 year old could draw will someone magically gain value to me personally one day. No. The value came from this thread and the joke.

You took this entirely too seriously and are still continuing to patronize me. Please stop.

You are thoroughly missing my point. And yes. I will stop. I no longer care. You obviously have a temper and make rash decisions based on defensiveness and anger. Wish. Me. Luck.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:46 PM, Randall Ries said:

I hope you win, Buzzetta! I think the back story is great. It has more significance to the owner than she is willing to admit, I think. Or perhaps it would have been destroyed long ago.But that is only my take on it. Certainly isn't engraved in copper. I plan to will it back to her when I die.

I have it in my head that I want to return to Disney.   

Don't "will" it to her... she doesn't want it. 

Sudyam is a chump.  He is a clown.  I remembered his 9/11 commission he did which was weird to me almost a decade ago.  I want it.  But I want it only to showcase what a clown he is. 

But... every little bit goes to Disney and for something else I MAY want to do within a year or two.  I even cancelled the Nintendo Switch I had on order.

65zaxc.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta