• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter just went savage on Arthur Suydam
3 3

128 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2022 at 8:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

I have it in my head that I want to return to Disney.   

Don't "will" it to her... she doesn't want it. 

Sudyam is a chump.  He is a clown.  I remembered his 9/11 commission he did which was weird to me almost a decade ago.  I want it.  But I want it only to showcase what a clown he is. 

But... every little bit goes to Disney and for something else I MAY want to do within a year or two.  I even cancelled the Nintendo Switch I had on order.

65zaxc.jpg

He IS a clown. That much is certain. And a narcissist. The drawing proves it. Now, the drawing is out of tiffleberry's hair forever. This continuing story alone is worth the winning bid. As I said and meant: Time has a way of coloring things. It could have been destroyed (rightfully so) long ago but wasn't for some reason. Now, the misunderstood exchange between its former owner and myself has become part of its lore. Its legend. Perhaps I shall name the drawing "Annabelle". Do I dare? Nope.

I am looking forward to owning the piece. I believe it's my 1st piece of OA that isn't a sketch inside a book or on its cover.

Just so it's understood: I understand COMPLETELY how it feels getting insulted and patronized as a kid by an adult I looked up to. My own father. Believe me it wasn't pretty and it changed the course of my entire life. That kind of thing we don't forget. It isn't as easy as say auctioning off an offensive drawing. And I can't imagine auctioning off an offensive drawing is easy, either. The drawing may be gone - as is the property I once owned stolen by my father - but the feeling is never gone nor is the memory. I use my trauma and put it to positive use. We SAY it doesn't bother us. But of course it does. Of course it does.

And at the end of the day, though. If I were offered that property back? YEARS ago I would have said "Go EFF yourself. I don't want it." But now? Today? I'd give almost anything to have it back. We change over time. Perspective changes. So, the offer is always there if she would like it back years from now. Maybe not. But then again, maybe so.

I'll be happy to be its custodian. It'll help replace something that was stolen from me almost 50 years ago.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:47 PM, Randall Ries said:

He IS a clown. That much is certain. And a narcissist. The drawing proves it. Now, the drawing is out of tiffleberry's hair forever. This continuing story alone is worth the winning bid. As I said and meant: Time has a way of coloring things. It could have been destroyed (rightfully so) long ago but wasn't for some reason. Now, the misunderstood exchange between its former owner and myself has become part of its lore. Its legend. Perhaps I shall name the drawing "Annabelle". Do I dare? Nope.

I am looking forward to owning the piece. I believe it's my 1st piece of OA that isn't a sketch inside a book or on its cover.

Just so it's understood: I understand COMPLETELY how it feels getting insulted and patronized as a kid by an adult I looked up to. My own father. Believe me it wasn't pretty and it changed the course of my entire life. That kind of thing we don't forget. It isn't as easy as say auctioning off an offensive drawing. And I can't imagine auctioning off an offensive drawing is easy, either. The drawing may be gone - as is the property I once owned stolen by my father - but the feeling is never gone nor is the memory. I use my trauma and put it to positive use. We SAY it doesn't bother us. But of course it does. Of course it does.

And at the end of the day, though. If I were offered that property back? YEARS ago I would have said "Go EFF yourself. I don't want it." But now? Today? I'd give almost anything to have it back. We change over time. Perspective changes. So, the offer is always there if she would like it back years from now. Maybe not. But then again, maybe so.

I'll be happy to be its custodian. It'll help replace something that was stolen from me almost 50 years ago.

The point is, I am a 25 year old grown woman and you are continually talking to me like I am a child. I wonder if you are married, if you are, I feel awful for your wife. Get over yourself. 

why are you projecting your daddy issues on me? My dad is amazing and would never treat me like that.

I know at your prehistoric age you probably forget that women have autonomy nowadays. It’s okay grandpa.

Edited by tiffleberry

On 2/20/2022 at 9:49 PM, tiffleberry said:

The point is, I am a 25 year old grown woman and you are continually talking to me like I am a child. I wonder if you are married, if you are, I feel awful for your wife. Get over yourself. 

No. Just trying to reach out. You can't see it and you never will. Spoiled little brat. Weren't you strong enough to destroy the thing that scarred you so? That's the worst thing I think I have ever heard. You kept it for 14 years and let it torture you?

There. How's that feel? Having someone presuming your motivations?

You're welcome, BTW. Just send the thing and have a good life. Let's see if it makes it to its new, rightful owner in one piece. Or at all. See what YOUR scruples are made of.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, The Troll King said:

As the starter of this thread… let’s just settle down. 
I’ve been really sick for the past week with the flu so I wasn’t really checking in. 
Congrats with the purchase Randall, enjoy it. 
Congrats with the sale Tiffani, Arthur will be calling for his commission I’m sure. 

:foryou: to everyone. 

Thank you, Troll King. I'm starting to feel the drawings curse already. :frown:

On 2/20/2022 at 8:58 PM, Randall Ries said:

No. Just trying to reach out. You can't see it and you never will. Spoiled little brat. Weren't you strong enough to destroy the thing that scarred you so? That's the worst thing I think I have ever heard. You kept it for 14 years and let it torture you?

There. How's that feel? Having someone presuming your motivations?

You're welcome, BTW. Just send the thing and have a good life. Let's see if it makes it to its new, rightful owner in one piece. Or at all. See what YOUR scruples are made of.

Sorry about your daddy issues. I’ll ship it on Tuesday grandpa.

Edited by tiffleberry

Hey Tiffani you wash your hands of this “sketch.” Also Hero Initiative gets a little something and that’s nice.

Never got a chance to say it but loved most of the other sketches you posted. I was too wrapped up in this interesting story going back to 2008.

Your dad’s a cool guy and obviously has your back. Best of luck we’ll see you both around the boards.

🍇 🦍