• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter just went savage on Arthur Suydam
3 3

128 posts in this topic

If i knew this previously enjoyable thread was going to take such a dark turn I never would have followed it.

BTW: I would have taken secret option #3 which would have been soaking it a container of water for 6 hours then let it dry then ship it to me.

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/20/2022 at 10:21 PM, tiffleberry said:
On 2/20/2022 at 10:09 PM, Buzzetta said:

Never before, until now, have I ever felt that I had the greatest impact on the outcome of an auction by being the underbidder.

Expand  

73E97BF1-5927-462B-AB13-5BF577895BC4.gif.563826e54a84b37e535b6969f2755308.gif

338979902_giphy(18).gif.4365f5fb1455ca31c1b3b09c3a367d61.gif

On 2/21/2022 at 8:49 AM, Randall Ries said:

You obviously have a temper and make rash decisions based on defensiveness and anger. 

YOU are the one who equated her with "ignorant members of a school board or the PTA".  And called her "young 'un".

So I think her response to you was very restrained, actually.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:19 AM, tth2 said:

YOU are the one who equated her with "ignorant members of a school board or the PTA".  And called her "young 'un".

So I think her response to you was very restrained, actually.

Oh you DO? I am SO HAPPY you think so. I was awake ALL NIGHT HOPING you thought so. I was rolling around thinking "MAN! I HOPE that guy with the username that looks like a lisp is OK with all of this! LOL!

Anyhoo... I was winning the bidding at one point and was torn as to whether it made a better story in my collection (I'd love to have the "Patience is a Virue" piece for the same reason) or as a piece of performance art enshrined on YouTube. I was leaning toward the former. Maybe I'll get another chance at it at some point now! Maybe it can become this legendary thing, like when Heritage Auctions sold one of John Byrne's blank pages from the "Snowblind" issue of Alpha Flight.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:04 PM, RBerman said:

Anyhoo... I was winning the bidding at one point and was torn as to whether it made a better story in my collection (I'd love to have the "Patience is a Virue" piece for the same reason) or as a piece of performance art enshrined on YouTube. I was leaning toward the former. Maybe I'll get another chance at it at some point now! Maybe it can become this legendary thing, like when Heritage Auctions sold one of John Byrne's blank pages from the "Snowblind" issue of Alpha Flight.

I can probably find a six  four year old to copy it for you.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, Buzzetta said:

Okay I have a solution since I have never before seen such animosity between buyer and seller in an auction.

If this is agreeable I will up the ante and not tell "someone" that I am using Disney money.  (I really want to go to back to Disney.  It's been 4 years... or the islands... which might be cheaper...)

Anywhoooooo

Cancel the sale if Randall agrees. 

I will take it for $50

$25 Friends and Family to Tiffany to cover the piece and shipping.

$25 direct donation to the Hero Initiative with proof of a screen cap of payment from Paypal.

This way this thread does not get locked or wiped.  I would want it whole, so I can display it and troll Suydum like a MF'r.  I am actually on the phone with Paul Heyman @jaybuck43 as I came up with this idea as we both laughed about how I would troll Suydum in the hopes of getting a cease and desist from his camp.  Jay's already salivating at doing the free legal work to write a response should that happen. 

So c'mon @Randall Ries let me know... let us all know.   This is a way that could make both parties happy.  More money to charity and at this point if the transaction is a headache it is a way for both parties to be relieved of the transaction in a method that both fulfills the original intent. 

Maybe this will cease hostilities all around and if it works, my next stop is to work on world peace or to at least mitigate arguments in the Water Cooler.  World Peace might be easier though.  

What? I'M not being hostile. I thought I was helping out by bidding on the thing. Now I want it. I didn't even get a "thank you". Doesn't matter what I do now. She isn't going to be happy no matter what. She knows everything already so why should I back up and explain what I was talking about? Tiffany won't understand what I'm saying and won't care anyway. When people become petulant, I'm out. I said "Thank you. I'll take good care of it" and that's the end of my part in this. Who isn't "getting over themselves" now?

I felt bad about the back story, know what it's like to get hosed as a kid by an adult and related. I talk the way I talk. I can't help it if people love their drama so much they have to try to read in bad intent from an observation. Believe me, I could be a lot worse. A LOT. A lot of you would pass out if you saw my FB page. I couldn't care less about what the majority of you think about me. Frankly? I'm not wild about most of you, either. But let the record show I stopped responding when I was asked to.

I want that piece. I won it. If someone wants it after I receive it and I give her positive feedback for being a good seller, they can contact me and we can work something out. Tell you what: I collect raw Batman Adams covers. I want an 8.0 or better Bats 235. That's next on my list. Someone sends me that and I approve it? I'll send the sketch. I'm as honest as the day is long. I don't rob people or rip them off.

I want it. Send it. I paid for it immediately because I'm a good EBayer and it belongs to me now. I will work something out with @Buzzetta and he can go forward with what he wants to do.

I WOULD like to point out that the plan being outlined is pretty negative and petty. A lot of work just to troll a narcissist who - for all we know - has Aspergers. To what end? There seems to be enough negativity attached to the sketch already. Do you WANT a poltergeist to inhabit the drawing? Because that's where it's heading. LOL!

Think it over. I got beeyatched out for being "condescending" and now a plan is being hatched to go to the Nth degree over a 15 year old sketch Sudyam won't even remember doing? What are you guys even thinking?

If it was such a traumatizing experience to receive a half baked Punisher sketch after paying $20 which probably came from parents, it should have been destroyed as soon as it was torn from the sketch pad. It wasn't. It was kept for 14 years as some sort of weird talisman designed to keep the hate alive. And now, the plan is to use it as a weapon? And a lawyer is involved? That's nuts. You are all adults, aren't you? And you think I'M a whack-job? Come on.