• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taschen Marvel comics library Spiderman Vo1- 1962-1964 A silver age collectors dream
5 5

116 posts in this topic

What a great, great value this book is at $150.

I love the way the comic's interior pages are printed.

The first 21 issues, plus a great amount of extra content. That works out to what, $8 per issue? Shipped to your house?

The size was a great choice. It almost simulates how big they felt to me when I was 8, 9, 10 years old.

The technology of what they did here just blows my mind. 

I always have to laugh now, with my adult perspective on the writing. From the girls drooling over the Human Torch's Corvette Stingray, and one of them saying he had "an MK Jag last week", to the fact that Doctor Octopus was released from his sentence "for good behavior" by issue #11.  Clearly, a much different speed for the justice system in the early 60s.

On 12/29/2022 at 4:51 AM, sledgehammer said:

What a great, great value this book is at $150.

I love the way the comic's interior pages are printed.

The first 21 issues, plus a great amount of extra content. That works out to what, $8 per issue? Shipped to your house?

The size was a great choice. It almost simulates how big they felt to me when I was 8, 9, 10 years old.

The technology of what they did here just blows my mind. 

I always have to laugh now, with my adult perspective on the writing. From the girls drooling over the Human Torch's Corvette Stingray, and one of them saying he had "an MK Jag last week", to the fact that Doctor Octopus was released from his sentence "for good behavior" by issue #11.  Clearly, a much different speed for the justice system in the early 60s.

Both this and the FF are outstanding values bang for the buck....

On 2/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, boomtown said:

Just a heads up that the Taschen site has the Marvel Comics Library Amazing Spider-man vol 1 at half price right now. Regular $200, marked down to $100.

WOW!!!!!!! what a great deal

on sale again right now on Taschen’s site (as well as Avengers Vol1) for anyone that missed it previously 

$100 each and free shipping

History Of EC Comics is $120

personally I can’t wait for a Vol3 and up with Romita Sr art but had to pick this up for the price … Taschen books are top notch

Silver Surfer is the next release coming

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 9/1/2023 at 12:51 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

on sale again right now on Taschen’s site (as well as Avengers Vol1) for anyone that missed it previously 

personally I can’t wait for a Vol3 and up with Romita Sr art but had to pick this up for the price … Taschen books are top notch

Thanks for this. $200 was a bit rich for me, got in now at $100. Waiting for the X-Men one to drop in price next.

On 9/1/2023 at 2:51 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

I have Spidey vol 1 and vol 3 is the only other one I can see myself getting. They’re just too darn big for me to effectively display or store. An edition with the first 20 or so Romita stories would be irresistible to me, though.

strike what I said about SS coming next, 1 step closer to JRS ASM ….

Not fully set in stone but the release dates for our next books are coming together and I can say with some degree of confidence that the next volume to his store shelves will be ASMv2. Folks in Europe can look forward to that book sometime in October. We hope North American distribution will sneak it in before Christmas but stay tuned on that...

On 9/8/2023 at 9:04 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

strike what I said about SS coming next, 1 step closer to JRS ASM ….

Not fully set in stone but the release dates for our next books are coming together and I can say with some degree of confidence that the next volume to his store shelves will be ASMv2. Folks in Europe can look forward to that book sometime in October. We hope North American distribution will sneak it in before Christmas but stay tuned on that...

Odd since some stores are already taking preorders  for a SS book that they claim will ship out on 10/7

On 11/1/2023 at 4:52 AM, sledgehammer said:

ASM volume 2 has been shipped from Amazon.

$146 "used".

:popcorn:

Used? Let us know how it looks.