• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink winter auction
3 3

89 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 9:32 AM, cloud cloddie said:

I figure the way ComicConnect works, makes more sense to keep prices low so if you keep adding those 3 minutes on at the end, you can keep anyone bidding against you on for hours. :devil:

I’ve never bid on ComicConnect before. How does it differ from say, HA?

On 3/9/2022 at 2:58 PM, Rick2you2 said:

I’ve never bid on ComicConnect before. How does it differ from say, HA?

Been a while since I’ve bid, but I think it’s if you bid on a lot the last 3 minutes, it adds another 3 minutes from the time of your bid. So a lot can take some time to end if people keep bidding when it’s about up. 

On 3/9/2022 at 8:11 PM, ThothAmon said:

You better look again. At least the stuff I’m looking at all has it. 

Yeh I think all the art I'm following has a 15% BP now at ComicConnect. :(

WOW!!!! $59,200 for Silver Surfer #14 page 9 Silver Surfer and Spider-Man. Great memorable page but that is high for Buscema/Admins from later in the run. A bunch of whiteout on the webs on Spidey's costume in three panels. Romita?

RAD0EBB22022128_113650.thumb.jpg.e1b1e7217a0d35d2abe6af4cee720120.jpg

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1550139#detail

On 3/9/2022 at 8:11 PM, ThothAmon said:

You better look again. At least the stuff I’m looking at all has it. 

I've bought a handful of pages and just looked and none of them had a buyer's premium. If you look at the auction the pages that do have a premium state it.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:47 PM, cloud cloddie said:

Been a while since I’ve bid, but I think it’s if you bid on a lot the last 3 minutes, it adds another 3 minutes from the time of your bid. So a lot can take some time to end if people keep bidding when it’s about up. 

Is it all on the internet, or is there a live session afterward, like with HA?

I was watching the Romita Spiderman panel page.  It was just over $10k on the last day but hammered at $35,555 WOW!

I was also watching the Byrne Hulk 1/2 splash.  It was at just under $5k on the last day but hammered at $12,838, very strong as well

On 3/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, wolvergeek said:

Lot's of nice Punisher pages in the last few CLink auctions. I am slowly reaching my goal of 1 pg for each Jim Lee issue.

Nice! Do you have a page from issue 6 and 7?

Malvin

On 3/9/2022 at 5:39 PM, Brian Peck said:

WOW!!!! $59,200 for Silver Surfer #14 page 9 Silver Surfer and Spider-Man. Great memorable page but that is high for Buscema/Admins from later in the run. A bunch of whiteout on the webs on Spidey's costume in three panels. Romita?

RAD0EBB22022128_113650.thumb.jpg.e1b1e7217a0d35d2abe6af4cee720120.jpg

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1550139#detail

Must be due to the Spiderman content I guess. I mean, look at this page. Price is bonkers. 

On 3/10/2022 at 11:45 PM, batman_fan said:

I was watching the Romita Spiderman panel page.  It was just over $10k on the last day but hammered at $35,555 WOW!

I was also watching the Byrne Hulk 1/2 splash.  It was at just under $5k on the last day but hammered at $12,838, very strong as well

So much for comic/OA prices being affected by market turmoil! 

On 3/10/2022 at 9:07 PM, tth2 said:

So much for comic/OA prices being affected by market turmoil! 

This may be just suggesting a general shift in bidders’ bidding strategies. Why post a large number as a proxy when it just becomes a target to shoot at?