• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heroes Con 2022 Jun 24-26 Charlotte NC
5 5

131 posts in this topic

I am familier with both 

3 Good things about NY 

1) Huge Multi Media show with lots of Excluves  

2) Lots of Stuff to do In ny, and lots of place to eat, hundreds,  within a few blocks of the convention center 

3) Lots of events, Lots of forums, Good transportation 

3 Good things about HEROES 

1) beautiful area, easy in and out, Reasonable Parking, 

2) A comic focused show with great Dealers 

3) Lots of comic creator guests 

If you are going to NY make sure  to make early plans, Parking is ridiculous event rates are 50-100$ a day  and hotels are also very expensive, a lot of People stay in NJ and take a bus back in forth 

On 2/18/2022 at 1:13 PM, Wolverinex said:

Thinking about attending this vs NYCC.  Never been to a huge comic convention before.  Anyone gone to this with advice?

Good places to eat, stay, visit?

Thanks in advance

I'm hoping to attend Heroes as my one out of town Con this year - it would be great to hang out.  Heroes is in line with Baltimore Con more so then NYCC for what I've heard.  BCC and Heroes as so similar in almost every way except I'd say Heroes has more low price blow out booths (which I love) and Baltimore has a bit more high end big ticket item booths.  I like Charlotte much better then Baltimore since I've got family to stay with down in NC and the city is white collar goodness.  The only negative to Heroes it's an extra 2 hours drive each way but overall it's a great mid year Con.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, 1Cool said:

I'm hoping to attend Heroes as my one out of town Con this year - it would be great to hang out.  Heroes is in line with Baltimore Con more so then NYCC for what I've heard.  BCC and Heroes as so similar in almost every way except I'd say Heroes has more low price blow out booths (which I love) and Baltimore has a bit more high end big ticket item booths.  I like Charlotte much better then Baltimore since I've got family to stay with down in NC and the city is white collar goodness.  The only negative to Heroes it's an extra 2 hours drive each way but overall it's a great mid year Con.

Sweet! I'll let you know if I go.  Can you get though all the booths in 2 days or do you need all 3 days?  Looks like hotels are much cheaper than NYC  but I guess not as much stuff to do at nights after the convention?

On 2/23/2022 at 11:48 AM, Wolverinex said:

Sweet! I'll let you know if I go.  Can you get though all the booths in 2 days or do you need all 3 days?  Looks like hotels are much cheaper than NYC  but I guess not as much stuff to do at nights after the convention?

I usually go for two days and it's plenty but I also find BCC can also be done in 2 days.  That 3rd day must be miserable since you would be so tired of looking at books at that point.  Charlotte downtown is much tamer then downtown Baltimore but I usually hang out with family after the show so I don't know.

Hotel and flight booked, I haven't been to Heroes Con previously and I am looking forward to it

Great guest list, hope to get a couple convention sketches and some signatures on my ASM 700.

Anyone know if any original art dealers (Anthony's, Splash Pages, Romitaman, etc) will be in attendance?

On 5/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, W. M. said:

It doesn't look like CGC will be attending. Is anyone else facilitating?

CGC will be represented by Alpha Omega Certification Service at the 2022 Heroes Convention. They will be there with witnesses, and you can submit books directly to CGC through them.

On 3/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Hotel booked 😉

On 4/9/2022 at 4:48 AM, Ducky13 said:

Hotel and flight booked, I haven't been to Heroes Con previously and I am looking forward to it

Great guest list, hope to get a couple convention sketches and some signatures on my ASM 700.

Anyone know if any original art dealers (Anthony's, Splash Pages, Romitaman, etc) will be in attendance?

Same. Hotel booked and I’ve never been. :cheers:

On 5/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, chrisco37 said:

I am trying to make it to Heroes (Saturday) this year.  :wishluck:

That'd be really cool. I'll only be onsite Friday but I will attend the Saturday auction. I'm certain I owe you a beer from the 2007 auction.  😁

On 5/23/2022 at 9:18 AM, TupennyConan said:

That'd be really cool. I'll only be onsite Friday but I will attend the Saturday auction. I'm certain I owe you a beer from the 2007 auction.  😁

Has it been 15 years?  :whatthe:
Make it an unsweet tea and you’re on.  

On 5/23/2022 at 10:04 AM, chrisco37 said:

Has it been 15 years?  :whatthe:
Make it an unsweet tea and you’re on.  

Yep. At our age, decaf I assume. 

If I remember correctly CGC will not be attending this show. Which surprised me since it always seemed to be a huge show for them.

Their booth was always connected to the back of my booth and foot traffic was crazy.

I have to say this is one of my all-time favorite conventions and if you like to buy comics and art this is the convention for you. The art auction Saturday night is spectacular.

If you want great places to eat hit up Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network they have a ton of placed in Charlotte plus they have built several new breweries I plan on checking out. 

Drop by the Hero Initiative booth we will have Tony Fleecs and Trish Forstner as our special guests and their very first time at a convention together.