• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heroes Con 2022 Jun 24-26 Charlotte NC
5 5

131 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 11:59 AM, cklamer said:

If I remember correctly CGC will not be attending this show. Which surprised me since it always seemed to be a huge show for them.

Their booth was always connected to the back of my booth and foot traffic was crazy.

I have to say this is one of my all-time favorite conventions and if you like to buy comics and art this is the convention for you. The art auction Saturday night is spectacular.

If you want great places to eat hit up Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network they have a ton of placed in Charlotte plus they have built several new breweries I plan on checking out. 

Drop by the Hero Initiative booth we will have Tony Fleecs and Trish Forstner as our special guests and their very first time at a convention together.

Still debating... Anything good to eat at the convention?  Also, how about good places at nights after the convention with outdoor seating?  

On 6/2/2022 at 1:56 PM, Wolverinex said:

Still debating... Anything good to eat at the convention?  Also, how about good places at nights after the convention with outdoor seating?  

Anything and everything you can possibly think of for all budgets withing a 5 block radius of the convention centre

On 6/2/2022 at 1:56 PM, Wolverinex said:

Cheer wine!!

On 6/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah about 5 blocks up the road from the convention center is the area called Epicenter and it is a collection of bars and restaurants. Plus many other really nice and good places around the area. Just depends on what you like. Little place we like to hit on Thursdays after we arrive is called Pinky's and it is just up the road and they have great burgers and many other dishes. Several places we usually just take cabs or Ubers to these places so we don't have to worry about driving. 

Hey Everybody, come by and visit Arex Crooke (booths 872,971) and me, David Burns (booths 868,870) at Heroes Con this year!  Gold, Silver, Bronze up to current; approx. 175 boxes of comics!.  Plus we will have nearly 70 short boxes of Hard and Soft cover trades that are all from an original owner collection.  This Collector was a true hoarder; he bought but never read these trades!  These are not your normal warehouse blowouts!  Not a single duplicate in the entire collection.  Be sure to come by and check us out!

On 6/13/2022 at 2:26 PM, Comics-n-ERB said:

Hey Everybody, come by and visit Arex Crooke (booths 872,971) and me, David Burns (booths 868,870) at Heroes Con this year!  Gold, Silver, Bronze up to current; approx. 175 boxes of comics!.  Plus we will have nearly 70 short boxes of Hard and Soft cover trades that are all from an original owner collection.  This Collector was a true hoarder; he bought but never read these trades!  These are not your normal warehouse blowouts!  Not a single duplicate in the entire collection.  Be sure to come by and check us out!

I highly recommend this group. These (3) guys always have great books. 

I'll be there all three days. Been going since 2007. This will be my first year bringing my son whos 8 now. Hoping to run into some of the usual suspects there. Then get my drink on at the art auction Saturday. 

Havent been to a con since covid so im sure ill be sticker price shocked at the price of comics these days.... 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:38 AM, OrangeNemesis said:

I'll be there all three days. Been going since 2007. This will be my first year bringing my son whos 8 now. Hoping to run into some of the usual suspects there. Then get my drink on at the art auction Saturday. 

Havent been to a con since covid so im sure ill be sticker price shocked at the price of comics these days.... 

My gut tells me there will be some blow outs happening this year (other then keys obviously).  Stuff has started to get tough on E-Bay and I'd think people would be up for making some deals on the bulk books.  Let us know how it goes.

On 6/16/2022 at 10:26 AM, 1Cool said:

My gut tells me there will be some blow outs happening this year (other then keys obviously).  Stuff has started to get tough on E-Bay and I'd think people would be up for making some deals on the bulk books.  Let us know how it goes.

Would be nice but i think if thats the case alot of big dealers will scoop up inventory on friday morning etc before the show. We will see. This has been a good year for more monetarily so im hoping to spend some money :)

On 6/2/2022 at 11:59 AM, cklamer said:

If I remember correctly CGC will not be attending this show. Which surprised me since it always seemed to be a huge show for them.

Their booth was always connected to the back of my booth and foot traffic was crazy.

I have to say this is one of my all-time favorite conventions and if you like to buy comics and art this is the convention for you. The art auction Saturday night is spectacular.

If you want great places to eat hit up Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network they have a ton of placed in Charlotte plus they have built several new breweries I plan on checking out. 

Drop by the Hero Initiative booth we will have Tony Fleecs and Trish Forstner as our special guests and their very first time at a convention together.

Correct on CGC not coming. I had planned to get some books sent in for re-holder. Im too cheap to want to send in cheap books for reholdering but it looks like ill either have to keep sitting on them or pay shipping there and back...oh well.

I love this show. Great variety of books for the $1 box divers (ill have some of those) up to pricier books and keys (ill have some of them too :wink: ) then there are you big time guys like Dale, Richard, etc there too.

If anyone wants some restaurant suggestions just ask. Me and @Comics-n-ERB are reasonably familiar with that area.

I’ll be there all 3 days. My wife and son are attending with me. My son is in college and I don’t get to spend a great deal of time with him these days, so hopefully it’ll be a nice weekend.
 I don’t know any of you guys but I’m sure some of you will be taking my money. 

image.gif.ff59e60924a5bff631be815fe8159e4d.gif

This is LATE... might be too  late for some people, but here's some pics of HeroesCon past - obviously a few years old.  The Convention center is right downtown; the Panthers stadium is about 3-4 blocks away, and the high rises are apartments as mush as they are offices. There's bars and restaurants all around, Nascar hall of fame is right behind, as is a huge Whole Foods.

This is a comic-centric show, and people have noted Heroes and the Baltimore Con are very similar; lots of artists and book dealers, though Baltimore started adding a few TV/Movie people a few years ago.

The highlight of Heroesfor me is the art display and subsequent auction; many artists set up easels in the art area, and paint/draw through the weekend, then sell the piece - for charity if i recall.

2019 Bill Watterston donated a set of hardcover Calvin and Hobbes collections...including a small but complete drawing of C&H in a sled or cart, going downhill at speed. That was FOUGHT OVER.

Here are some examples, and also a couple pics of a wall, and the New Forces display... just as an idea. In 2019 the original Matt Baker cover art at one booth on display blew me away...

heroes frontdoor.jpg

Heroes goon.jpg

Heroes mouse.jpg

Heroes new force.jpg

Heroes thor.jpg

heroes wall.jpg

heroes stelfreeze.jpg