• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics 1 CGC 9.8
6 6

167 posts in this topic

Boards have been very entertaining lately with some great Threads showcasing amazing books, pedigree discussions and speculation. This thread has been another one.

The whole thing seems so far fetched, and yet.. 

Well to the OP, if you acquire either of the Caps, I suggest you repost this post as an appetizer before sharing the main course 

download.jpeg-1.jpg

On 2/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, PDGray said:

I remain a bit skeptical, but I am hopeful for Tim that it all pans out for him.  I would love to see pics of the book resting in his possession.

I have always kind of been the underdog and kind of normally pull for them.  GOOD LUCK TIM!!!

PDG

In this story, the underdog is the guy that inherits $100B? 

I wish I was that kind of underdog! 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, PDGray said:

I remain a bit skeptical, but I am hopeful for Tim that it all pans out for him.  I would love to see pics of the book resting in his possession.

I have always kind of been the underdog and kind of normally pull for them.  GOOD LUCK TIM!!!

PDG

I took a TEFL course in South America once. About 7 of us all strangers from different parts. One guy made all these claims - He was a Navy Seal even though he looked like a wimp. His father was an Indian Chief, even though he was White as a ghost, and other wild claims. Turned out it was all true. By the end of the course he proved it all. You never really know. I also hope to one day see a pic of Tim with a 9.4 or better Cap 1. Hopefully he won't be giving all of us the finger in it.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:28 PM, MrBedrock said:

Ironically the Rothko Chapel is in Houston. You have to know how to drive to live here.

image.jpeg.21db0825b3113685812aa5aecea08a73.jpeg

On 2/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

I had no idea!(thumbsu

It's an unusual space.  The exterior is fairly unremarkable but the quality of light inside is carefully mediated.  And there are essentially giant Rothko canvases in a midnight blue/purplish/black color with benches in front.  If you're ever in Houston, it's worth seeing.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, KCOComics said:

In this story, the underdog is the guy that inherits $100B? 

I wish I was that kind of underdog! 

Nah...look at all the problems that it's causing...and he hasn't received a dime yet!

On 2/20/2022 at 11:00 PM, Rip said:

11 zeros with a 1 in front of it is 100 billion, but 11 zeros is still zero.

Only about 8 guys in the world (or so) are worth around that or more.

Sounds as if it's about to become nine!!!!!   :flamethrower::yeehaw: :celebration:

Edited by pemart1966

On 2/21/2022 at 10:59 PM, Professor K said:

I took a TEFL course in South America once. About 7 of us all strangers from different parts. One guy made all these claims - He was a Navy Seal even though he looked like a wimp. His father was an Indian Chief, even though he was White as a ghost, and other wild claims. Turned out it was all true. By the end of the course he proved it all. You never really know. I also hope to one day see a pic of Tim with a 9.4 or better Cap 1. Hopefully he won't be giving all of us the finger in it.

Yep, I have seen some doozies and just the instant you think there is absolutely NO WAY this could be true - then all of a sudden it is!!

Of course, then there was the guy who talked about his CGC graded 9.5 AF 15...and you just shake your head.

PDG

There are over 7 trillion bees on earth. A thousand for every human being.

I’ve often wondered what it would be like if we each had our own thousand bees that just followed us around all day like an angry personal cloud.

Sorry. This seemed like the right thread for that.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:11 PM, lighthouse said:

There are over 7 trillion bees on earth. A thousand for every human being.

I’ve often wondered what it would be like if we each had our own thousand bees that just followed us around all day like an angry personal cloud.

Sorry. This seemed like the right thread for that.

PggHGo.gif.0dc6f89fd336ccf15c31882a216f1267.gif