• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to resubmit Pokémon TCG cards to add sub grades?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello

You can send it in with a regular order that has subgrades selected.  We would crack that card out grade it to add the subgrades and then put it in a new slab.  We don’t have an official set up of regrading or adding subgrades but that has been the best method.

Thanks,

Mike

• Administrator
On 10/18/2022 at 4:03 PM, o7yourdesires said:

Would the original grade be honoured??

I was told that the grade should not change.  However, I will share these 2 posts from customers about this.  The arrow below my text and to the right of "RoLaren said:" will take you to the actual posts in the thread.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, RoLaren said:

Hey Snorlax,

Were you successful with your resub for adding subgrades? Interested to hear how your experience went. Did your previous grades hold?

I am going to be submitting 5 or so cards in the next month to add sub grades to the labels.

Yes I was successful!

I submitted about 8 cards, all 8 or 9 already, and all held their grade, but 1 of my cards, originally a 9, did come back as a 9.5. I think this is probably extremely rare and it also wasn't a very expensive card.

Basically they do have to crack the slabs, re-examine them, but CGC Mike has posted in several posts that it is guaranteed your grade won't go down, unless it does get damaged when they try and crack it open.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:25 PM, CGC Mike said:

I was told that the grade should not change.  However, I will share these 2 posts from customers about this.  The arrow below my text and to the right of "RoLaren said:" will take you to the actual posts in the thread.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, RoLaren said:

Hey Snorlax,

Were you successful with your resub for adding subgrades? Interested to hear how your experience went. Did your previous grades hold?

I am going to be submitting 5 or so cards in the next month to add sub grades to the labels.

Yes I was successful!

I submitted about 8 cards, all 8 or 9 already, and all held their grade, but 1 of my cards, originally a 9, did come back as a 9.5. I think this is probably extremely rare and it also wasn't a very expensive card.

Basically they do have to crack the slabs, re-examine them, but CGC Mike has posted in several posts that it is guaranteed your grade won't go down, unless it does get damaged when they try and crack it open.

You really saved my *** on my resub a few months ago Mike, I still owe you for that.

Hoping my next experience adding sub grades goes smoothly like Snorlax's did.

• Administrator

Hello @o7yourdesires and @SupahMega

First I want to introduce myself. @CMatthews and I both work for CGC Customer Service. We will be filling in for Mike moving forward in the CGC Trading Card Forums. Currently we both handle the Ask CGC, Ask CGC Video Games Forums and many of the social media platform questions as well. 

I wanted to follow up on this situation. Please note any card that is sent in to have the subgrades added (regrade w/ subgrades) or for reholdering is subject to a review. When submitting these cards there is a waiver you must sign regarding this. CGC CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE CARD WILL RECEIVE THE SAME GRADE OR A HIGHER GRADE, AND CGC ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY IF IT IS DETERMINED THAT THE FINAL GRADE WILL BE LOWER THAN THE GRADE ORIGINALLY ASSIGNED OR IF THE CARD CANNOT BE GRADED OR ENCAPSULATED AT ALL. I have added a screenshot of this waiver below for your review. This must be signed before continuing any submission on the Online Form. 

If you have any questions feel free to send us an email at service@cgccards.com, give us a call at 877-662-6642, or create a new post here in the Ask CGC Trading Card Forum. 

image.png