• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
4 4

135 posts in this topic

Newsstand edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #16 (1983 series).  This issue tells the origin of Halo…again.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a mild bend crease near the spine that doesn’t break the ink and can be pressed out.  The back cover has some light staining around the white edges, as well as an edge bend near the top left corner that is also lightly soiled.  There is a very small chip missing from the back cover’s left page edge.

$5

Edited by Galen130

Here's another freebie!!!

Direct edition copy of Arion, Lord of Atlantis #4.  This issue features the origin of Arion.

I'm not going to bother giving a grade estimate on this one...they aren't valuable anyway.  This a lot of staining on the back, including that red 'koolaid' looking stain, which caused moisture damage.  Sooooo, this one is....

FREE, with any purchase

Scan (2).jpg

1 (2).jpg

Creatures on the Loose #10, March 1971.  This issue features the 1st full appearance of King Kull.  Contributors to the comic include Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Berni Wrightson, and Herb Trimpe.

I believe this comic to be in Good condition, give or take a grade.  This is an estimate only.  I think you can see what the issues are right away.  The tears at the top edge of both covers go through the entire comic to one degree or another.  It's difficult to see, but there another piece about halfway ready to tear off near that chunk missing from the top right corner.  The two inside wraps are detached from the top staple.  Those are some of the biggest issues with this comic.  It needs a little TLC, but it is a key issue.  Pages are tan to cream.  I can provide more photos if requested. (thumbsu

$13

Edited by Galen130

Chamber of Chills #6, September 1973.  This is a horror-suspense comic, featuring pencil work by John Romita.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good condition, or better.  There's a lot to see here, but the biggest issues are pretty obvious.  The chips/tears on the covers (top) is interesting.  There is an obvious mis-wrap, but not too bad.  The book was cut poorly (production)...it was not trimmed by someone.  The difference between the top and bottom of the comic is about 1/8th of an inch.  Pages are tan to cream.  I can provide more pics/scans if requested. (thumbsu

$10

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of The Savage Sword of Conan #72.  This issue features the 1st appearance, and death, of the villain Rayla.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some extremely light discoloration at the top edge…either tanning, dust shadow or sun shadow.  It’s almost a non-issue, but I had to point it out.  The front cover shows what I believe to be a production wrinkle near the top edge, along with light blunting and wear at the bottom right corner.  There is also a mild spine roll that can be pressed out.

I'm not supremely confident of my grade estimate because I'm not familiar yet when it comes to dust/sun shadows and tanning.  It may be a higher grade...or not.  You be the judge. (thumbsu

$10 SOLD TO DavidTheDavid

20220403_120021.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of The Savage Sword of Conan #100.  This issue contains work done by Joe Jusko, as in painting.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a mild bend through the top spine corner that can be pressed out…minus the ink breakage of course.  The right edge of the front cover shows some mild wrinkling/rippling that doesn’t break the ink and can be pressed out.  There is also a very light ink-breaking diagonal crease just above the right hand of the right ‘golden’ girl.  There are also a few spots of staining and/or wear around the UPC box.  The entire comic looks to have been stapled off-center…there is no spine roll that I can see.

$9 SOLD TO DavidTheDavid

20220403_120240.jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Savage Sword of Conan #101.  This issue contains work done by Michael Golden, as in painting.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a mild bend through the top spine corner that can be pressed out…minus the ink breakage of course.  There are a few spots of very light soiling along the spine on the front cover, as well as some light ink rubs along the upper half of the spine.  There is some mild wrinkling/rippling along the right edge of the front that can be pressed out.  The back cover shows a few areas of light stains that you can feel.  I believe they can be cleaned off.

$7  SOLD TO DavidTheDavid

20220403_120517.jpg

Edited by Galen130

I do happen to have a copy of The Savage Sword of Conan #175 for sale in my CA/MA sales thread.  PM me if you're interested, or find my thread...usually on the first page of that forum. (thumbsu

SOLD

Edited by Galen130

On 4/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, Galen130 said:

Direct edition copy of The Savage Sword of Conan #72.  This issue features the 1st appearance, and death, of the villain Rayla.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some extremely light discoloration at the top edge…either tanning, dust shadow or sun shadow.  It’s almost a non-issue, but I had to point it out.  The front cover shows what I believe to be a production wrinkle near the top edge, along with light blunting and wear at the bottom right corner.  There is also a mild spine roll that can be pressed out.

I'm not supremely confident of my grade estimate because I'm not familiar yet when it comes to dust/sun shadows and tanning.  It may be a higher grade...or not.  You be the judge. (thumbsu

$10

20220403_120021.jpg

20220403_120053.jpg

20220403_120105.jpg

20220403_120139.jpg

20220403_120148.jpg

On 4/3/2022 at 2:04 PM, Galen130 said:

Direct edition copy of The Savage Sword of Conan #100.  This issue contains work done by Joe Jusko, as in painting.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a mild bend through the top spine corner that can be pressed out…minus the ink breakage of course.  The right edge of the front cover shows some mild wrinkling/rippling that doesn’t break the ink and can be pressed out.  There is also a very light ink-breaking diagonal crease just above the right hand of the right ‘golden’ girl.  There are also a few spots of staining and/or wear around the UPC box.  The entire comic looks to have been stapled off-center…there is no spine roll that I can see.

$9

20220403_120240.jpg

20220403_120246.jpg

20220403_120357.jpg

20220403_120417.jpg

20220403_120430.jpg

20220403_120439.jpg

20220403_120816.jpg

On 4/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Galen130 said:

The Savage Sword of Conan #101.  This issue contains work done by Michael Golden, as in painting.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a mild bend through the top spine corner that can be pressed out…minus the ink breakage of course.  There are a few spots of very light soiling along the spine on the front cover, as well as some light ink rubs along the upper half of the spine.  There is some mild wrinkling/rippling along the right edge of the front that can be pressed out.  The back cover shows a few areas of light stains that you can feel.  I believe they can be cleaned off.

$7

20220403_120517.jpg

20220403_120523.jpg

20220403_120533.jpg

20220403_120545.jpg

20220403_120552.jpg

20220403_120556.jpg

20220403_120603.jpg

20220403_120842.jpg

:takeit:

Kull and the Barbarians #2.  This comic magazine contains work by Neal Adams, Howard Chaykin, Michael Whelan and Berni Wrightson…among others.  It features King Kull, as well as appearances by Red Sonja and Solomon Kane.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no staples to worry about.  I know it's a lot of photos, but these are all the major defects I see.  That 'impacted' upper spine is a new one to me.  I don't know if that's production or not.  Very odd...  Soiling/ink transfers on the BC, some bend creases most of which barely break the ink...if at all.  There is very light ink wear near the spine on the FC...hard to see.  On the BC, there's a production wrinkle that doesn't appear to break the ink.  The bottom left corner of the BC has a small bend that has formed a tear.  The pages look great...nice and clean!!!

Sorry for all the photos.  I thought they were necessary. (thumbsu

$17

Edited by Galen130

Beyond the Grave #3 (Charlton Comics).  This issue features cover work and interior work by Steve Ditko.

Unfortunately, this comic has way to many issues to bother grading.  That back cover is horrendous, so......

FREE with any purchase (just mention this post)

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Black Goliath #3.  This issue features an appearance by Tony Stark.

I believe this comic to be in Good/Very Good condition, or better.  This comic has some issues, but not enough for a NG.  The scans show everything, except for some wrinkling on the front cover that might be from very mild moisture damage (interior pages don't seem affected) and some dimples on Black Goliath's left shoulder, like someone was tapping a pen/pencil on the cover.  There are more of them on the back.  There is a small tear near the bottom spine corner, back cover, that is NOT a spine split.  Pages are cream to off-white.

$4

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Creatures on the Loose #33.  This issue contains work by Gil Kane, John Romita, and Klaus Janson.

I believe this comic to be in Good/Very Good condition, give or take.  The comic has it's usual issues for being poorly handled, but the biggest problems are the tape on the front, lots of writing, and the tears on the FC right page edge.  Those tears are kind fragile so I had to be careful not to handle the book too much.  Pages are tan to cream.

$4

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Forbidden Worlds #129 (American Comics Group, 1965).  I believe this issue contains the 4th appearance of Magicman.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows some roughening of the top edge, as well as an edge bend.  The bottom right corner also has a small bend crease that very lightly breaks the ink.  The back cover shows a date stamp, as well as an edge bend at the top that just barely tears the paper.  There is very light soiling and/or ink transfers in spots around the white border.  Pages are off-white to white.

$17

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Journey into Mystery #17 (2nd series).  This issue reprints stories form the 1st series of Journey into Mystery #21 (1955), Tales of Suspense #31 (1962), Marvel Tales #159 (1957), and World of Fantasy #15 (1956).

I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better.  Besides the more obvious defects seen in the scans, there is very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples (which are lightly oxidized). There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a 1/4-inch tear on the right page edge, while the back cover shows a 1/8-inch tear on the left page edge.  The back cover shows a few spots of very light stains and foxing, as well as soiling and/or ink transfers.  Pages are cream to off-white (more off-white).  This comic should clean and press nicely.

$7

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Incredible Hulk #207.  With work done by John Romita and Dave Cockrum, this issue features an appearance by The Defenders.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and one small tear at the top of the top staple. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a production wrinkle through the bottom of the letter ‘K’, as well as residue left over from a price sticker…same letter below the green banner.  The back cover shows a small piece missing from the left page edge, a very small tear on the bottom edge (closer to the left corner), as well as a few more production wrinkles near the top left corner.  There’s also some very light soiling and/or ink transfers in areas on the back.  Pages are off-white.

$6

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Incredible Hulk #225.  With work done by Sal Buscema, Joe Rubenstein, Klaus Janson and George Perez (the previous two on one page only), this issue features appearances by The Leader and Doc Samson.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows very light soiling inside the UPC box, while the back cover shows very light soiling and/or ink transfers in spots around the white background.  I believe the top left corner of the back shows very light pencil writing.  There is a very mild spine roll that can be pressed out.  This comic should clean up nicely.  Pages are off-white to white.

$5

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130