• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
4 4

135 posts in this topic

The Incredible Hulk #230.  With work done by Bob Layton and Jim Mooney, this issue features an appearance by General Ross.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top one, which has a small edge bend), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a couple of very mild bend creases/indentations through the letters ‘L’ and ‘K’ in ‘Hulk’ that can be pressed, as well as a production wrinkle at the center of the right page edge.  There is also a small dimple on the black border of the letter ‘K’ that barely breaks the ink.  The back cover shows a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers around the white background.  There is a very mild spine roll that can be pressed out.  Pages are off-white to white.

$5

7 (2).jpg

8 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Incredible Hulk #231.  With work done by Herb Trimpe and Sal Buscema, this issue features an appearance by Moonstone.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples (top staple has very light oxidation). There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a few very mild edge bends on the right page edge.  The bottom right corner of the book shows either light blunting to all the pages, or just a funky production cut.  There is a very mild spine roll that can be pressed.  Pages are off-white to white.

$5

9 (2).jpg

10 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Whoops!!!  I'm out of sequence here!!! doh!

The Incredible Hulk #229.  With work done by Sal Buscema and Herb Trimpe, this issue features the 2nd appearance of the new Moonstone.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows light blunting of the page corners, as well as an ink breaking bend crease near the bottom page corner.  The back cover shows a 1/4-inch tear (or smaller) near the top spine corner, along with a mild bend through the same corner.  Both covers show some very mild indentations/tracing marks/finger bends that can be pressed out.  The is a moderate spine roll that takes the comic out of alignment, but I think it can be fixed.  Pages are off-white.

$7

5 (2).jpg

6 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Incredible Hulk #233.  With work done by Al Milgrom and Sal Buscema, this issue features an appearance by Marvel Man.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a very mild bend crease/indentation (again) through the letter ‘K’ in ‘Hulk’.  It will press out.  The back cover shows a couple of very light ink transfers in spots around the white border, as well as a small production wrinkle on the head of the kid third from the right.  Both cover corners of the bottom right corner show very small bends that don’t break ink.

$6

11 (2).jpg

12 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of The Incredible Hulk #238.  With work done by Bob Layton and Sal Buscema, this issue features an appearance by President Jimmy Carter.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows some very mild edge bends on the top and right edges, with a bit of wear on a few.  The back cover shows a very mild indentation near the top left corner that doesn’t break ink, as well as a couple spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers.  Pages are cream to off-white.

$5

13 (2).jpg

14 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of The Incredible Hulk #252.  With work done by Rick Buckler and Sal Buscema, this issue features an appearance by Woodgod.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a small stain or page discoloration on the letter ‘S’ of ‘Us’ near the top right corner, as well as a few very mild scuffs to the gloss in spots.  The back cover shows some light soiling and/or ink transfers around the white border.  Pages are cream to off-white.

$4

15 (2).jpg

16 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Newsstand edition copy of The Incredible Hulk #263.  With work done by Al Milgrom and Sal Buscema, this issue features appearances by Avalanche and Landslide.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples (the top staple has some light oxidation). There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows very mild edge bends all around the edges, with one on the top that shows very small tears (top right corner).  The back cover shows edge bends on the top and bottom, along with a mild bend crease near the bottom left corner.  There is very light soiling in spots all around the white border.  Pages are off-white.

$4

17 (2).jpg

18 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of The Incredible Hulk #286.  With work done by Brent Anderson and Sal Buscema, this issue features the 1st appearance of a soldier of Kang.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples (both staples have very light oxidation). There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows very mild edge bends at the top and bottom page corners.  Pages are off-white to white.

$3

19 (2).jpg

20 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of The Incredible Hulk #288.  With work done by Al Milgrom and Sal Buscema, this issue features appearances by Abomination and Modok.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples (both staples have very light oxidation). There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a couple of small finger bends, as well as vertical scratches below Modok’s leg.  The back cover shows couple of small stains or discoloration, as well as some very light soiling in spots around the white border.  Pages are off-white to white.

$3

21 (2).jpg

22 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of The Legion of Super-Heroes #297.  The origin of the Legion is retold in this issue.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and one very small tear at the bottom of the top staple. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a couple of mild edge/finger bends that will press out.  The back cover shows some very light soiling in areas around the white background.  Pages are off-white to white.

$3

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #53 (Charlton Comics).  This comic contains artwork by Steve Ditko.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light to moderate blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  This comic has some printing defects, most notably on the top of the comic (ink overspray), and the back cover near the spine.  There is also a mild finger bend at the top that can be pressed.  There is some mild dulling of the gloss on the front cover, as well as a bend through the top spine corner that lightly breaks the ink…as well as the bottom right corner.  The back cover shows light soiling all around the white background, as well as a small production wrinkle through the letter ‘Y’ in ‘Today’ near the coupon.  Pages are off-white to white.

$6

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

20220408_105939.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Marvel Chillers #5.  This issue features Tigra, was well as an appearance by Red Wolf.

I believe this comic to be in Good/Very Good condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and a small tear at the bottom of the top staple that goes through the first couple pages.  There is light to moderate blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a tear near the ‘sweet corn’ picture, which goes through the first few pages from back to front.  The front cover has some mild moisture damage around the price logo that goes through some of the pages.  The back cover shows some mild moisture damage near the bottom edge that goes through some of the pages as well.  There is some chipping of the top edge of the back, as well as a few discolored spots near the top left corner (top edge and left edge).  Other defects can be seen in the scans.  Pages are cream to off-white.

$3

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Marvel Chillers #6.  This issue features Tigra, was well as appearances by Red Wolf and Lobo.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good condition, give or take.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  There are ink-breaking creases on all cover page corners, as well as some light soiling and mild finger bends on the back cover.  The front cover shows some mild edge dings and bends on the top and bottom page edges.  Pages are cream to off-white.

$4

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Monsters on the Prowl #10.  This comic features The Roc.  The cover was penciled by Steve Ditko, while interior artwork was done by Jack Kirby.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, give or take.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top one), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a small tear near the top spine corner, as well as obvious ink rubs along the top edge and other spots.  Both bottom corners of the entire comic show mild bends that barely break ink on the covers, while the back cover shows a very small tear on the top edge.  There is light soiling on the back, mostly along the edges, as well as some very light ink transfers.  Near the bottom edge of the back cover are a few spots of staining, or possibly light foxing.  Pages are off-white to white.

$8

5 (2).jpg

6 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Omega Men #6.  Branx Warriors make an appearance.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a small production wrinkle near the center of the spine (red background), as well as a small bend through the bottom right corner that barely breaks the ink on the front.  The back cover shows a very small bend at the top left corner that may or may not break ink, as well as some very light soiling along the spine and a few other spots on the white background.  This comic was printed on that thicker paper used in the early 80’s…it just feels solid.  Pages are white.

$3

7 (2).jpg

8 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Omega, The Unknown #8.  With cover art by Gil Kane, this issue features the 1st brief appearance of the second Foolkiller, as well as the 2nd appearance of Nitro.

As you can see in the scans, especially the top spine corner area, there's ink and paper wear on the spine caused by moisture damage that left a stain.  The back cover is pretty filthy too, so I'm going to throw this comic in for.......

FREE with any purchase

9 (2).jpg

10 (2).jpg

Power Man #20, Gil Kane cover.  This issue features an appearance by Cornell Cottonmouth.  Marvel Value Stamp #1, Spider-Man, is still attached.

I believe this comic to be in Good plus condition, give or take.  It would grade a bit higher, but a few of the spine creases have torn through the cover (not interior pages), the spine roll, the writing on the cover, AND the tape on the cover with writing.  I'll not go into details about all the defects...they can be seen in the scans.  Oh, and the cover does shift a bit at the staples, but is still attached.  Pages are off-white to white.

$3

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Red Sonja #6.  Frank Thorne is credited with most of the work on this comic.

I believe this comic to be in Good plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and minute tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  A good deal of the stress creases are starting to tear through the cover, leaving mild stress creases on the first few wraps.  Both covers show some bend and edge creases that lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a few tears at the bottom edge, along with some mild wrinkling along the spine.  All other defects can be seen in the scans.  Pages are cream to off-white.

$3

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Secret Romance #40 (Charlton Comics).  The cover was done by Art Cappello.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better.  This comic shows light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The top spine corner has a mild bend through it that very lightly breaks ink on both covers.  The front cover shows a small chip near the top spine corner, while the back cover shows one near the top left page corner.  The back cover also shows some discoloration over the guy’s face, but it’s difficult to see except at an angle.  There is a mild spine roll that can be pressed out.  All other defects can be seen in the scans.  Pages are off-white to white.

$5

5 (2).jpg

6 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #161.  This issue features cameo appearances by Frankenstein and Dracula.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good condition, or better.  This comic shows light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some staining/foxing near the spine, as well as light soiling in spots around the page.  Both covers show mild edge bends and corner crease, with a few that lightly break the ink, as well as a couple of very small tears in spots on the edges.  The center wrap shows a 1/4-inch edge tear on the right side.  There is a moderate spine roll that keeps the pages out of alignment.  The comic will benefit from a press all around.  All other defects can be seen in the scans.  Pages are off-white to white.

$7

7 (2).jpg

8 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130