• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
4 4

135 posts in this topic

Tomb of Darkness #23.  This is the final issue in the series, featuring reprinted stories from Men’s Adventures #25, Marvel Tales #132 & #146, and Astonishing #47.

I believe this comic to be in Good/Very Good condition, or better.  The scans show the defects well, including light ink wear on the top of the front cover, mild wrinkling/finger bends on the front cover, corner creases, edge bends, and an ink-breaking production wrinkle on the FC to the left of the monster's mouth.  The back has some foreign substance on it in a few places that I believe will clean off.  There are very small tears on the top edge of the back cover, along with a few nicks around the edges of both covers.  Pages are off-white to white.

$5

9 (2).jpg

10 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Tragg and the Sky Gods #7.  This short-lived comic series was published by Whitman and Gold Key comics, each with a separate publisher’s logo.  This is the Whitman copy.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  This is actually a decent looking comic, with a clean back cover (very light soiling, top edge), but the spine roll is a problem.  I believe this can be pressed out…for the most part.  The front cover shows a couple of light ink-breaking corner creases, as well as some mild indentations/finger bends that will press out.  Pages are off-white to white.

$7

11 (2).jpg

12 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Twilight Zone #55 (Gold Key Publishing).  With a George Wilson ‘painted’ cover, this issue features a story with work by Walter Simonson.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows light ink wear all around the edges and the spine, as well as a small corner bend crease at the top right that very lightly breaks the ink.  The back cover shows a couple of very small tears on the top edge, as well as some light soiling in spots all around the white border.  Pages are off-white to white.

$5

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Twilight Zone #60 (Whitman Publishing).  This issue features work by Jack Sparling.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows light ink wear in a few spots around the edges and the spine.  There is a small edge bend at the front right edge that very lightly breaks the ink as well as a small tear below it.  There is light soiling on AND near the spine (back cover), as well as what appears to be ink overspray on the upper left corner.  It doesn’t affect the interior pages.  Pages are off-white to white.

$7

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Uncanny Tales #2 (1973 series).  This issue features reprinted stories from Marvel Tales, Mystic, and Uncanny Tales (1952 series).

I believe this comic to be in Good plus condition, or better.  This comic has plenty of issues, as seen in the scans, but the most glaring is the ink overspray on the top of the back cover and all pages.  At first, I thought it was mold...thank God it isn't.  The cover is a bit loose at the staples, but firmly attached.  There are plenty of creases all around, and the back cover shows plenty of light soiling and/or ink transfers.  Pages are off-white.

$3

5 (2).jpg

6 (2).jpg

20220410_121929.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Uncanny X-Men #151.  With works by Cockrum and Claremont, this issue features an appearance by the Hellfire Club, as well as Jean Grey.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom one), as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows an ink-breaking crease at the top right corner, as well as a small ink-breaking finger bend close to the top spine corner.  The front cover also shows some light foreign substance in spots from Kitty’s chest through the letter ‘C’ in ‘Uncanny’.  I can feel these areas so they may clean off pretty well.  The back cover shows a few spots of very light soiling around the page, as well as a vertical indentation through the front wheels of the vehicle.  This can be pressed out.  Pages are off-white to white.

$6

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Uncanny X-Men #152.  With works by McLeod and Claremont, this issue features an appearance by the Hellfire Club.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top one), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows some dimples near the cover price and logo that penetrate into about half the pages.  The back cover shows a small chip missing near the bottom spine corner, as well as a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink rubs around the page.  Pages are off-white, close to cream.

$4

5 (2).jpg

6 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of Uncanny X-Men #189.  With works by John Romita, Jr. and Chris Claremont, this issue features an appearance by the Hellfire Club.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The entire comic shows a small area of moisture damage through the book, starting from the back.  However, there is no staining present.  All pages inside are affected to one degree or another.  I believe a press will work wonders on it.  The back cover also shows a few indentations and scuffs.  There is also a very mild spine roll that can be pressed out.  Pages are off-white to white.

$5

9 (2).jpg

10 (2).jpg

Weird Wonder Tales #12.  This comic features works by Steve Ditko and Mort Drucker.  Hagg, The Hunter is featured.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good minus condition, give or take.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light to moderate blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows corner creases that break the ink, as well as ink rubs along the spine.  The back cover shows some areas of light soiling, staining, and or foxing.  There are a few indentations on the back that can be pressed out, but it’s difficult to tell if they break the ink.  Pages are cream to off-white.

$5

14 (2).jpg

15 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Where Monsters Dwell #28.  The cover was done by Jack Kirby, and the comic contains reprints from Tales to Astonish #9 (origin and 1st Droom), among other publications.

I'll give this comic an estimate of no higher than Good.  It has too many issues, mainly the TWO pieces of tape on the front cover with 'Steve' written on them.  Damn you Steve!!! :makepoint:

$4

16 (2).jpg

17 (2).jpg

Where Monsters Dwell #31.  The comic contains work by Jack Kirby, and the comic contains reprints from Strange Tales #79 (1st Warlord Kaa), among other publications.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples (there is light oxidation on both staples). There is light to moderate blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom one), as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  Aside from other defects that can be seen in the scans/photo, there are a couple of production wrinkles on the back cover, as well as ink overspray on the bottom of the comic’s center.  Pages are off-white to white.

$7

18 (2).jpg

19 (2).jpg

20220413_113232.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Worlds Unknown #3.  This comic features work by Ross Andru and John Romita.

I believe this comic to be in Good/Very Good condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear (as well as ink overspray below the price logo) on the spine and no tears at the staples (there is very light oxidation on both staples). There is light to moderate blunting of all four corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  Aside from other defects that can be seen in the scans, the top left corner of the back cover shows some of the paper has worn/torn off.  Pages are off-white.

$4

20 (2).jpg

21 (2).jpg

That's it, folks!!!  I don't have anything else to list here...at least for the foreseeable future.  I'll leave the thread up and running for a short while before I return everything to the long boxes.  Any questions, offers, or comments, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.  Thanks for looking!!! (worship)

Okay, gang…let’s try one more sale, until April 24th!!  20% off all items listed, plus there are freebies!!  I will ship Media Mail for free…any other method, buyer pays half the cost.  U.S. only please!!  Any questions, please message me.  After this sale, I will close the thread. Thanks, all!!! (worship)