• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature submission not opened yet been 3 weeks
2 2

10 posts in this topic

My Chris Claremont SS submission with press was received on Feb 2nd at CGC but they haven't opened it yet..has anyone else experienced really long delays in opening of SS submissions?..usually they do it within a couple days ..the entire reason why we are told to put initials on the box.

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 2/22/2022 at 12:38 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

how do you know if it was opened or not

does your submission status not say "received at CCS"?

I have probably sent over 20 SS submissions over the past three years..I know how it works..they open the box within a few days and they assign it 'received at CCS' if going to be pressed and 'scheduled for grading' if no pressing..there is no submission status but I know the box has been received because you can check on that on the submissions page using the tracking number. Maybe the box has been opened but it hasn't been formally submitted, which would be very odd, since they state this:

"Your package has been delivered and is securely stored in our facility. It will appear in the Submission Tracking tool once it has been opened."

..either way it hasn't been inputted into the submissions page...which is unusual for three weeks..and it's concerning..and yes, I made sure I put the initials on the box ..all over the box...I am wondering if someone mistakenly put this box in the economy stacks to be opened much later or if there is just a major delay in opening SS boxes..maybe they are using a different method for March signings..no idea.

Edited by Ed Hanes

I sent 4 slabs to be cracked and sign by Todd McFarlane and my tracking is showing that my books have been received and stored in CGC's Facility since October 19th and it's still sitting and not entered into my Submission Folder. I contacted CGC Customer Service and they replied stating that my books are at their facility and that there was a large amount of books that got submitted for this Signature Series so it's slow moving for them to ensure that it's entered into their system properly.I understand all that but it has been well over a month and my books are still sitting idle in their vault? I'm beginning to be a little concern if my books will get signed by Todd since it still needs to move through CCS.

• Administrator
On 11/22/2022 at 12:33 PM, myskye23 said:

I sent 4 slabs to be cracked and sign by Todd McFarlane and my tracking is showing that my books have been received and stored in CGC's Facility since October 19th and it's still sitting and not entered into my Submission Folder. I contacted CGC Customer Service and they replied stating that my books are at their facility and that there was a large amount of books that got submitted for this Signature Series so it's slow moving for them to ensure that it's entered into their system properly.I understand all that but it has been well over a month and my books are still sitting idle in their vault? I'm beginning to be a little concern if my books will get signed by Todd since it still needs to move through CCS.

I have been told that if books are received before the deadline, they will be signed.

Just be patient, CGC will be closed for the next 4 1/2 days for Thanksgiving, so that will put even farther behind opening submissions.

CCG's US headquarters will be closed for the holiday.

In observance of Thanksgiving, the Certified Collectibles Group companies will close at 3:30 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 23 and will remain closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25, 2022.

Normal business hours will resume Monday, November 28, 2022.

Edited by ak47po

On 11/22/2022 at 10:43 AM, ak47po said:

Just be patient, CGC will be closed for the next 4 1/2 days for Thanksgiving, so that will put even farther behind opening submissions.

CCG's US headquarters will be closed for the holiday.

In observance of Thanksgiving, the Certified Collectibles Group companies will close at 3:30 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 23 and will remain closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25, 2022.

Thank you ak47po. I'll continue to check in the next upcoming weeks and hopefully the books will show up in my Submission Tool soon.