• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truckee meadows collection
13 13

216 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, innocuous said:

I can't wait to hear if the story is about a couple of brothers. Why no pedigree label? If Heritage has the collection, I would guess they could convince CGC to recognize the collection with a gold label.

Good point....if the Oakland "pedigree" got pedigree designation......that collection imo never deserved pedigree status

On 2/24/2022 at 9:38 PM, innocuous said:

I can't wait to hear if the story is about a couple of brothers. Why no pedigree label? If Heritage has the collection, I would guess they could convince CGC to recognize the collection with a gold label.

No, not a couple of brothers.  IMO this would not qualify for a pedigree because it lacks the depth of key books and long runs that most of them have.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:20 PM, lighthouse said:

Beautiful books indeed.

And if my math is correct, it’s already broken the record for any Fantastic Four in a public sale.

Didn't you post elsewhere that you have an ownership stake in this collection, or was it some other board member?  If so, what can you tell us about its depth and breadth, and about how it came to be and how the books were stored to have retained such pristine condition?

Edited by namisgr

I checked in on the comic section of Heritage last night, and … oh, my! I figured CGC boards would be all over it. Taking steps to fire up the wire transfer because Mr Credit Card will not hold what I intend to spend. Looking closely at 3 higher graded keys. 
It definitely would be cool to learn about the collection’s back story.