• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truckee meadows collection
13 13

216 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 2:30 PM, lighthouse said:

I suppose I can say this.

The second-most valuable book in the Truckee Meadows collection wasn’t in the April Auction. It’s in the June Signature Auction.

So, are you really trying to tell us that an equivalent CGC 9.2 graded copy of AF 15 from the Truckee collection will be in the June HA Auction?  :bigsmile:

On 4/8/2022 at 4:57 PM, lou_fine said:

So, are you really trying to tell us that an equivalent CGC 9.2 graded copy of AF 15 from the Truckee collection will be in the June HA Auction?  :bigsmile:

Not quite.

But there are still two books to come that are more valuable than the 9.2 FF 5 (and less valuable than the 9.2 FF 1).

Barring some book I completely missed in my initial triage of the collection, there will be exactly six books from the collection that sell for over $100,000. Four were in the April auction. Two are still to come.

I honestly have zero clue how many $10k books there will be. It might be 20. It might be 150. But I’m pretty sure I nailed the $100k count at exactly six.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:57 PM, lou_fine said:

And for a final spoiler… the June book has never been offered in a public sale at that specific grade with White Pages. :p

Edited by lighthouse

On 4/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Dark Knight said:

Well if it is an AF #15 with white pages, the grade has to be higher than an 8.5 which to my knowledge is/was the highest graded White paged copy (a copy I used to own too).

FF 1 is the only major key in the collection so stop speculating. :baiting:

On 4/8/2022 at 3:06 PM, lighthouse said:
On 4/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, lou_fine said:

Not quite.

On 4/8/2022 at 3:14 PM, lighthouse said:

And for a final spoiler… the June book has never been offered in a public sale at that specific grade with White Pages. :p

Not quite, hey?  hm  :bigsmile:

Hmmmmmmmm......................then it must be a CGC 9.0 graded copy of AF 15 with White Pages!!!  :banana:

On 4/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Amazing prices realised and congrats lighthouse and the OO FAMILY....... they must be celebrating knowing there's more in the works

That FF 3 was a real strong price too....a record?

The issue 1, 2, and 3 are all record sales.

Obviously that doesn’t mean they’re the most valuable copies that exist. But all three were new records for their specific issue.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:52 AM, lou_fine said:

Not 100% sure about this, but according to many boardies much wiser than me, aren't these more of the non-technical factors that CGC doesn't take into full account as part of their grading process, and that's where the CVA and QES stickers come into play?  hm

Of course, there's an exception to every rule and in this particular case here, it would be the Promise Collection books where their freshness and colors are just so blindingly and drippingly deep and bright that the CGC graders simply can't see the obvious visual technical defects on SOME of the books such as rat chews, edge tears, spine ticks, indented staples, etc. :devil:  lol

Parade, meet Lou_The Rain_Fine.