• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane discussion and appreciation thread. Lets see those covers!
4 4

292 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2022 at 9:39 PM, WINTER SOLD1ER said:

Need to swap a few books but otherwise done with phase one.

2.png

Nice! Glad you have devoted wall space to work with! That's a luxury in itself. :)

On 11/30/2022 at 6:57 PM, Comixroc said:

…not from the recent signing, but…

B2869F61-857C-43AB-A99E-4AC6062AEAA3.jpeg

Still beautiful! I still wish I had the presence of mind to get a copy, there were a few available, but I figured in the wild was the way to go and came up short!

I love the sideways sig!  :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/24/2022 at 7:02 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Merry Christmas, my fellow McFarlane fans! Look what Santa brought me :) The one big McFarlane key I was missing. (Yes I've got ASM 298-301 etc..) I think this thread was born out of a discussion I had with Mr Fantastic about the similarities between the cover of this, Batman 423, and McFarlane's Det Year 2 covers. This copy has travelled across the globe  and now has a loving home down under. I've been wanting it for a long time but I waited for a solid copy at a reasonable price. If I'm honest with myself it's not a '9.8 candidate'. It's got a few small colour breaking spine ticks but I love it anyway. And the last time one for sale over here on eBay had a freaking detached cover and still sold quickly. 

24921274_Batman423.thumb.jpg.77c56f1b4b892b560c3dbd9277d8a76a.jpg

Congrats!  …but I don’t mind detached covers…:bigsmile:

398A10F6-5C1E-4DF5-8A9D-07F34E1274C1.jpeg

On 12/28/2022 at 4:55 AM, Comixroc said:

Congrats!  …but I don’t mind detached covers…:bigsmile:

398A10F6-5C1E-4DF5-8A9D-07F34E1274C1.jpeg

@Comixroc considering McFarlane only did the cover of Batman423 I can really see the appeal of getting the cover only. It think this is the second printing based on the bottom left box. I would also love something signed by the Todd-father, even if it was just a napkin, so this is a cool pick up (thumbsu When it comes to my PC I just try to keep it VF- or better. The fact low grade copies with detached covers quickly sell for $150 AUD even now, says something about the popularity of this cover

Edited by MattrixAlien

On 12/24/2022 at 6:02 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Merry Christmas, my fellow McFarlane fans! Look what Santa brought me :) The one big McFarlane key I was missing. (Yes I've got ASM 298-301 etc..) I think this thread was born out of a discussion I had with Mr Fantastic about the similarities between the cover of this, Batman 423, and McFarlane's Detective Year 2 covers. This copy has travelled across the globe  and now has a loving home down under. I've been wanting it for a long time, but I waited for a solid copy at a reasonable price. If I'm honest with myself it's not a '9.8 candidate'. It's got a few small colour breaking spine ticks but I love it anyway. And the last time one came up for sale over here on eBay it had a freaking detached cover but still sold quickly. 

24921274_Batman423.thumb.jpg.77c56f1b4b892b560c3dbd9277d8a76a.jpg

Congrats on the pick up ! Nice looking copy, and yes, this thread actually started over our original discussion of those Batman McFarlane's.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:43 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Since I got Todd to sign all three versions of my Spider-Man #1 at the recent signing.  I thought it would just be cool to go ahead and try to get the entire Spider-man(McFarlane) run. Picked these up this week for less $$ than if I had sent them to the recent signing.

Spiderman # 2 CGC ss.jpeg

Spiderman # 3 CGC ss.jpeg

Spiderman # 4 CGC ss.jpeg

Spiderman # 8 CGC ss.jpeg

Spiderman # 14 CGC SS.jpeg

Looks like you got CGC's  9.6 only grader.

Edited by ak47po