• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane discussion and appreciation thread. Lets see those covers!
4 4

292 posts in this topic

Awesome, that's a "calendar" poster, I believed issued by Comic Images as opposed to Marvel Press or One-Stop, who issued nearly all Marvel posters in those days. There may have been a couple of other years with Spidey, and there was definitely a couple of them made using the X-Men. They must've sold pretty well, as eventually Marvel made a Marvel Press poster with Wolverine, and on that one, the calendar section was detachable.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:47 PM, jdandns said:

Awesome, that's a "calendar" poster, I believed issued by Comic Images as opposed to Marvel Press or One-Stop, who issued nearly all Marvel posters in those days. There may have been a couple of other years with Spidey, and there was definitely a couple of them made using the X-Men. They must've sold pretty well, as eventually Marvel made a Marvel Press poster with Wolverine, and on that one, the calendar section was detachable.

You are correct.

BF615C1B-C2AC-4E40-8DC8-FF2F37134C6E.thumb.jpeg.2cb20dacac93b78d5449f9aaea9d843c.jpeg

On 10/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, jdandns said:

Not a cover, but a full-size wall poster by Todd of a Ninja Turtle. This was issued by Image in the early to mid 90's as part of a series of TMNT posters, though this is the only one with McFarlane art.

toddtmnt.jpg

I had this poster in the 90’s when I lived with my parents!  Loved it!!!  Don’t know what the hell happened to it.😒

On 10/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, jdandns said:

Not a cover, but a full-size wall poster by Todd of a Ninja Turtle. This was issued by Image in the early to mid 90's as part of a series of TMNT posters, though this is the only one with McFarlane art.

toddtmnt.jpg

This is pretty awesome :headbang:

Has Todd drawn the Turtles on anything else outside of Flaming Carrot 27?