• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Off Your Photo Cover Comics (no Rifleman!)
2 2

95 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2022 at 11:45 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I have such massive irrational hate for this cover. I can't explain why, I just hate it so, so much. I find it a lot when I'm digging in boxes, and I've never bought one.

Apparently they did a back-up pencil version "in case this concept didn't work." Well, I think it didn't work; they should have used the back-up:

back-up-cover-asm-262.jpg.8bcb4d2e0c68194c66aad414e35532dd.jpg

I was the original owner of this cover, purchased directly from Bob Layton.  Bob illustrated the cover first and it would have been published if Elliot R. Brown’s photo cover did not work.

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 3/3/2022 at 9:49 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I was the original owner of this cover, purchased directly from Bob Layton.  Bob illustrated the cover first and it would have been published if Elliot R. Brown’s photo cover did not work.

Woah, that's awesome!

On 3/2/2022 at 11:45 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I have such massive irrational hate for this cover. I can't explain why, I just hate it so, so much. I find it a lot when I'm digging in boxes, and I've never bought one.

Apparently they did a back-up pencil version "in case this concept didn't work." Well, I think it didn't work; they should have used the back-up:

back-up-cover-asm-262.jpg.8bcb4d2e0c68194c66aad414e35532dd.jpg

I found it pretty cool when I bought it as a kid. The guy in the pic passes for a Peter Parker. 

The art cover is nice

Edited by Macedoniagreece

On 3/3/2022 at 3:47 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes, it was never a favourite of mine. I didn't like the drawn one either. I did like the issue for all it's variants though, and had a few accordingly. Amazing what a Bose wrap can do, isn't it :insane:

It's Spawn :applause:, it's a photo cover :applause:, it's not graded,:( , if it ever will be(if I should live so long!)

Spawn 65.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 1:28 PM, MR SigS said:

I'm getting too old for this.

All are welcome. As mentioned in my first post. I'm OK with Silver,Copper as well Modern in this topic

Thought about putting this in Silver and in Copper but have settled in the middle.

Show off your Photo Cover Comics! Partial Photo Covers too!

Only rules are it must be at least a partial photo cover and NO Rifleman

Edited by MAR1979