• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Off Your Photo Cover Comics (no Rifleman!)
2 2

95 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 5:50 PM, MAR1979 said:

FlashGordon31.thumb.jpg.75def9e7a9e7c666ded8472b6dc4e864.jpg

(General Kala, Flash Gordon approaching.)
General Kala: What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? Open fire! All weapons!

Didn't know this made it to a 3 part comic. I'll have to find some copies. Never quite sure what to make of this movie in its day. Cult classic now but i used to watch the original 1936 serial in the mid-70's and it was a fun original show.  It must have been truly amazing for people to watch something so futuristic in those early days of sci-fi on the screen.

Edited by comic_memories

On 6/3/2022 at 10:02 AM, comic_memories said:

Didn't know this made it to a 3 part comic. I'll have to find some copies. 

They are more difficult to obtain in 9.4 and higher than Marvel Hanna's. While I got a deal, I still overpaid for mine. Its 1/1 in 9.8 and I figured I may never have the opportunity again.

There is a 32 out there right now also 1/1 in 9.8 , its pricey but not obscenely so nowadays. When its sold it may close the door on 9.8' s on 31 and 32 for many many years. If i did not have 31, I would have grabbed the 32.

Good news; Raw midgrades of these multipack only Flash Gordon Movie issues seem to be in decent supply

Edited by MAR1979

On 6/3/2022 at 10:09 PM, jcjames said:

Interesting!

So what is that color photo version? Is that a reprint? 2nd print? Variant? 

https://www.comics.org/issue/169901/cover/4/

Overstreet mentions "2 versions, B&W and tinted color"

The production "artwork" is B&W
Memorabilia:Miscellaneous, The Partridge Family #1 Cover Production Piece (Charlton, 1971)....

Edited by MAR1979