• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN spoilers thread
2 2

257 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2022 at 8:25 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Zoe Kravitz sucks!

:roflmao:

Robert Pattinson hugs puppies while talking about The Batman

[grumble grumble grumble]

Zoe Kravtiz shares how incredible Catwoman is as a character

On 3/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

Robert Pattinson hugs puppies while talking about The Batman

Zoe Kravtiz shares how incredible Catwoman is as a character

Jeffrey Wright's performance was mediocre!

On 3/14/2022 at 8:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Jeffrey Wright's performance was mediocre!

I don't know. I felt like he was a Jim Gordon still feeling out Batman but also recognizing he could break the case in using this individual's special detective skills.

So they know one another just enough. But Gordon is still guarded as he tries to determine what this Vengeance fellow is about. Though in the heat of their investigation he starts to form more respect for him.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

I don't know. I felt like he was a Jim Gordon still feeling out Batman but also recognizing he could break the case in using this individual's special detective skills.

So they know one another just enough. But Gordon is still guarded as he tries to determine what this Vengeance fellow is about. Though in the heat of their investigation he starts to form more respect for him.

I'm just fooling around at this point.

Gordon has to stop talking like Batman, though.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm just fooling around at this point.

Gordon has to stop talking like Batman, though.

I liked the uncomfortable team-up between them, recognizing this is only year two of their engagement.

Not implying this is the greatest Batman movie ever. And it clearly could have been streamlined for a tighter story. But I still had a great time.

WB is goofy if it still avoids also going with some form of Batffleck-Deathstroke standalone story as well. Talk about easy money with the right marketing to explain this is the DC Multiverse: where anything is possible!

Saw it for a second time yesterday.  My biggest issue is still the length, and the best way to trim it would have been to exclude Catwoman and Penguin.  Riddler is the best secondary character anyway by a long-shot, and neither of the side stories with Catwoman and Penguin added enough to the film that it would be significantly worse without them.

I think I now like this film better than Dark Knight Rises, and I like Riddler more than Bane.  But not more than Joker or Ra's Al Ghul.  My second viewing was on IMAX, and with the higher resolution I was able to see more details of Joker's face.  Very creepy skin and mouth, reminded me a bit of how the Killer Klowns from Outer Space looked pictured below, albeit with far more normal facial proportions than they have.

killerklowns-1.jpg

On 3/14/2022 at 7:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's interesting how often an individual genius recognizes another individual genius, but both are overwhelmed by the masses of normality in opposition to their methods, unconventionality, and tone.

But anyway, back to discussing the movie. :kidaround: