• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN spoilers thread
2 2

257 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2022 at 7:42 PM, Wolverinex said:

So like, Riddler basically won, right? He didn't get Bruce, but he killed everyone else, exposed the corruption and flooded the city.

Loved the film but I don't know what to make of that.

Yeah. Batman loses.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:42 PM, Wolverinex said:

So like, Riddler basically won, right? He didn't get Bruce, but he killed everyone else, exposed the corruption and flooded the city.

Loved the film but I don't know what to make of that.

He won until the end. Batman still saved the innocent civilians from being killed like fish in a barrel. And that's the ark of the film. Batman actually becomes a hero at the end rather than a vigilante that inspires death. This film is still an origin tale in that sense.

Edited by William-James88

This one was disappointing. Many touched upon the frailness of Bruce, and even Batman at times. I could even try to understand the reasoning, but it was tough to see. I know he was still fresh, as it’s the early days, but I wish he was a bit more fierce at times. If he was going to be dark, they should have committed to it. It might have been said, but him putting the flying raccoon suit on and then falling was killer for me. C’mon, where’s the great cape! C’mon.

I really liked how Batman had criminals so spooked every dark corner had them imagining he was there - waiting to pounce. That was some sharp storytelling like out of a solid comic book series of panels to convey how much of an impact Batman truly had on Gotham.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, JasonTodd69 said:

Is it me or did any anyone else had a hard time watching the movie because of the color grading? It was to dark that if was bearly watchable. Other than that everything was brilliant.

I have a feeling your theater failed to read the Matt Reeves note about calibrating their project brightness for the film.

:facepalm:

On 3/6/2022 at 10:01 AM, JasonTodd69 said:

I was thinking the same 

I would actually check if they will let you see it again after showing them a copy of that letter.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

That's theatrical dedication!

The_Batman_reeves.thumb.jpg.23f48f2eb3b77fba642a570110939cc9.jpg

Edited by Bosco685