• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Trading Cards Cuts Bulk Turnaround Times in Half
2 2

7 posts in this topic

• Administrator

CGC Trading Cards Cuts Bulk Turnaround Times in Half

Posted on 3/7/2022

All of CGC Trading Cards’ turnaround times have improved significantly due to a concerted effort to increase capacity and streamline workflow.

CGC Trading Cards™ is excited to announce that it has nearly caught up on its submission backlog and, as a result, turnaround times for grading have dramatically improved. Effective March 7, 2022, the turnaround time for Bulk submissions has been cut in half to 60 days, while Economy is now at 25 days, Standard is at 15 days, Express is at 7 days and WalkThrough is at 3 days. See current turnaround times here.

The faster turnaround times are the result of a concerted effort to increase capacity and streamline workflow, while never sacrificing our high standards.

TurnaroundTimes_Article20220307120441387

Launched in July 2020, CGC Trading Cards has already graded and shipped more than 1 million cards, including rare and valuable cards like the Pokémon Test Print Blastoise that sold for a record $360,000 at auction. CGC Trading Cards now ranks as the second-largest grading service for non-sports trading cards and continues to grow rapidly.

Now that CGC Trading Cards’ turnaround times are significantly faster, the temporary allowance for payments to be made at the grading stage rather than at receiving is being discontinued. Payments for submissions delivered on March 15, 2022, or later will be due at the time the submission is received, which will create further efficiency by ensuring that there are no payment issues that would delay shipping completed submissions back to customers.

CGC Trading Cards continues to invest in the efficiency and quality of its card grading. In addition to hiring, training and an expanded workspace, CGC Trading Cards has been developing and acquiring advanced authentication and grading technology, such as proprietary AI software.

CGC Trading Cards is also investing in the hobby and delivering services that make the submitter experience better, including industry-leading digital tools. Its online submission form was recently upgraded to be more intuitive and optimized for mobile devices, and a CGC Trading Cards Population Report and Registry are coming soon.

“Collectors and dealers have embraced CGC Trading Cards for its superior authentication and grading, crystal-clear holders, industry-leading guarantee and high prices realized,” says Steven R. Eichenbaum, CEO of the Certified Collectibles Group, of which CGC Trading Cards is a part. “We are delighted to now also offer the fastest turnaround times of any major grading service.”

“I appreciate our customers’ patience, support and trust as we worked diligently to expand and enhance our services,” he added.

Please note that turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to CGC Trading Cards today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are not guaranteed.

• Administrator
On 3/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, ksaechao said:

Is email or calling best to check on an order that is past the 25 Business days for  an Econ sub?

I think either will show the same result. 

On 3/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, NibScribbler said:

My bulk sub is sitting at 170 days since it was received with no movement and cgc has the gall to announce "60 day turnaround" on bulk. 🤣

"The turnaround times posted are simply an estimate on when a submission will be completed, but they are never guaranteed."

On 3/8/2022 at 9:38 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

"The turnaround times posted are simply an estimate on when a submission will be completed, but they are never guaranteed."

I understand that it's an estimate but I'm assuming they get that number by comparing the average amount of time it took for a specific  amount of order for that tier to be completed. If that's the case then why are they skipping over my order to complete others of the same tier? If there's an issue with my order, why haven't they contacted me to let me know that it's going to take longer. The "estimate" excuse can only used in situations where the order is maybe a couple weeks past the turnaround time, not whole months.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:57 AM, NibScribbler said:

I understand that it's an estimate but I'm assuming they get that number by comparing the average amount of time it took for a specific  amount of order for that tier to be completed. If that's the case then why are they skipping over my order to complete others of the same tier? If there's an issue with my order, why haven't they contacted me to let me know that it's going to take longer. The "estimate" excuse can only used in situations where the order is maybe a couple weeks past the turnaround time, not whole months.

Basically its a show, they have no idea how to do FIFO service. Must be a bunch of monkeys upwrapping boxes. If you submitted last year I bet our boxes are burried under the pile