• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update: Now I’m all in on Miles Morales. Is the Fresh Prince’ kid going to hurt me?
3 3

116 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, lostboys said:

Venom 

Carnage

Deadpool

Rick Grimes

Invincible

Miles Morales

I'm still a bit out of the loop but are these the most expensive 1st appearances since the beginning of the modern age? 

Add Harley Quinn and yep, seems about right?

On 3/19/2022 at 5:33 PM, D2 said:

If Jaden Smith is the new Miles Morales, that is a total dumpster fire. 

There is no coming back from this. Sell everything. 

Will be interesting to see if he's miles morales after his dad went nuclear

On 3/28/2022 at 2:45 AM, James42 said:

Will be interesting to see if he's miles morales after his dad went nuclear

Lol yeah I wonder now if Will Smith and co will be silently banned from Hollywood with the other fallen. 

On 3/28/2022 at 10:33 PM, D2 said:

Lol yeah I wonder now if Will Smith and co will be silently banned from Hollywood with the other fallen. 

I would assume so. This has backfired horribly for him.

No way Marvel move forward with Jaden and the abusive father.

There's much better options out there anyway

On 3/28/2022 at 11:58 PM, James42 said:

I would assume so. This has backfired horribly for him.

No way Marvel move forward with Jaden and the abusive father.

There's much better options out there anyway

But you think it’s really enough to push things over the edge. In a terrible display, Will Smith has more social media followers, post slap!

On 3/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, D2 said:

But you think it’s really enough to push things over the edge. In a terrible display, Will Smith has more social media followers, post slap!

I think they'd have to be incredibly cautious if they did move forward. They don't want this to become the Will Smith show.

Miles Morales is going to be popular even if a nobody (with talent) plays him.

Why take the risk when Jaden wasn't a popular casting in the first place?

On 3/29/2022 at 3:26 AM, James42 said:

Why take the risk when Jaden wasn't a popular casting in the first place?

Miles Morales is written as a smart kid.

I'm not sure Miles can be accurately portrayed by someone who seems confused by the pull door not opening when he pushes on it.

What is constantly worrying Will Smith's son? (original content) : r/funny

Miles Morales: Ultimate Spiderman 1 (Fiona Staples Variant) CGC 9.6 about to go for a monster amount on Ebay.

Last sale was $3,550 in March. Current bidding is at $3,600 with 3.5 days left of bidding.

Might go grab a Peterson variant if this is going to the moon.

Edited by James42

The low print run Miles keys are going for staggering amount over the last few weeks.

Any thought of things slowing down after the war in Ukraine / inflation don't seem to be affecting Miles books.

I just bought a Ultimate Comics Spiderman 1 off of one of the FB shows tonight. Over the course of the last 7-8 months I've been building my Miles collection. I have this feeling that once Into The Spider Verse 2 Part Two ends, we may see Miles make this way through the MCU. I just hope that it is not Jaden in the role.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, captainzombie said:

I just bought a Ultimate Comics Spiderman 1 off of one of the FB shows tonight. Over the course of the last 7-8 months I've been building my Miles collection. I have this feeling that once Into The Spider Verse 2 Part Two ends, we may see Miles make this way through the MCU. I just hope that it is not Jaden in the role.

The standard edition or a variant?

It'll be interesting to see if UF4 values are already priced-in or if they get a boost from a live-action entry into the MCU.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:38 PM, James42 said:

The standard edition or a variant?

It'll be interesting to see if UF4 values are already priced-in or if they get a boost from a live-action entry into the MCU.

Just the standard edition, the variant would have been cool. I currently have both of the 2nd print edition in a 9.8 and 9.6, and I am hoping that I can get myself the 1st print here soon either in a 9.6 or a 9.8 with a few trades. I don't think we have seen the top yet with UF4 and once a live action movie is announced or even hinted at this book in 9.6/9.8 will probably get out of reach without paying some crazy amounts.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:17 PM, captainzombie said:

Just the standard edition, the variant would have been cool. I currently have both of the 2nd print edition in a 9.8 and 9.6, and I am hoping that I can get myself the 1st print here soon either in a 9.6 or a 9.8 with a few trades. I don't think we have seen the top yet with UF4 and once a live action movie is announced or even hinted at this book in 9.6/9.8 will probably get out of reach without paying some crazy amounts.

I'm interested to see, from your point of view, where the growth will be with Miles comics. By far the biggest growth in the past 6-12 months has come from his issue 1 comics, their variants, newsstands and other keys. UF4 has been stagnant for quite a while (which is normal after such a rise). Would you rather still invest in UF4 while it's taking a breather or go after his low print run variants that are considered 'ghosts' or 'very hard to find'?

Edited by James42

On 4/13/2022 at 6:13 PM, James42 said:

I'm interested to see, from your point of view, where the growth will be with Miles comics. By far the biggest growth in the past 6-12 months has come from his issue 1 comics, their variants, newsstands and other keys. UF4 has been stagnant for quite a while (which is normal after such a rise). Would you rather still invest in UF4 while it's taking a breather or go after his low print run variants that are considered 'ghosts' or 'very hard to find'?

I do agree that the UF4 prices have been stagnant, some of his other key issues have been going up in price. UF4 had a chance to drop with the Jaden casting rumors and it still held up. If it were me, I would probably pick it up now while the prices are sitting where they are at as I don't see this going down that much more.

Edited by captainzombie