• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twig
1 1

21 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2022 at 9:01 AM, Crops068 said:

Anyone else looking forward to this when it comes out?

Yup. Been trying to hold off grabbing an ashcan copy because I keep telling myself prices will go back down. It's been...difficult.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Yup. Been trying to hold off grabbing an ashcan copy because I keep telling myself prices will go back down. It's been...difficult.

Are you talking about the 1 preview copy they sent to stores? How much is that going for?

On 3/8/2022 at 5:12 PM, LudaToke said:

Are you talking about the 1 preview copy they sent to stores? How much is that going for?

Yup. Around $80 now. They were going for twice that briefly when word first got out about them.

Edited by Lord Gemini

On 3/9/2022 at 1:15 AM, Lord Gemini said:

Yup. Around $80 now. They were going for twice that briefly when word first got out about them.

Wow that is crazy.  To me, this book looks like if Pixar were to release a comic book.  I like Skottie Young's style so I will check it out but no need for the premium Ash Can version.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:01 AM, LudaToke said:

Wow that is crazy.  To me, this book looks like if Pixar were to release a comic book.  I like Skottie Young's style so I will check it out but no need for the premium Ash Can version.

Skottie is the writer on this one.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:01 AM, LudaToke said:

Kyle Strahm is the artist.  And seems like a pretty awesome fellow.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Lord Gemini said:

I missed the ashcan at the LCS.  Heard about it after from the Twig FB group.  Kyle did a Instagram giveaway (5 copies) and then surprised 3 of the FB people with ashcan copies also.  They are going to do another giveaway of some sort at 500 members, if you are on FB look it up. :)

On 3/8/2022 at 5:12 PM, LudaToke said:

My understanding is there were a bunch of the ashcans signed at a con and the car transporting them after got into an accident and they were destroyed/damaged.  So a signed one went up and sold for $200+ which led to FOMO on the reg copies. (I have no hard evidence of this just water cooler rumor)

On 3/9/2022 at 3:02 PM, Crops068 said:

Kyle Strahm is the artist.  And seems like a pretty awesome fellow.

I missed the ashcan at the LCS.  Heard about it after from the Twig FB group.  Kyle did a Instagram giveaway (5 copies) and then surprised 3 of the FB people with ashcan copies also.  They are going to do another giveaway of some sort at 500 members, if you are on FB look it up. :)

My understanding is there were a bunch of the ashcans signed at a con and the car transporting them after got into an accident and they were destroyed/damaged.  So a signed one went up and sold for $200+ which led to FOMO on the reg copies. (I have no hard evidence of this just water cooler rumor)

I was told they had them at cons last year. So they are a lot more than one per store.

On 3/9/2022 at 3:24 PM, ygogolak said:

I was told they had them at cons last year. So they are a lot more than one per store.

Correct, they were done as a surprise 1 per store.  I know Kyle was selling them as early as last Nov at cons he attended.

Kyle just posted that he is doing another random giveaway to those that order one of his newly revealed SPLAT variant covers for Twig.

image.png.e4732759d96352a7ff7e9d72e5d4b76f.png

website - kylestrahm.com

You can also signup for his newsletter, he emailed the 4 covers yesterday out to those on his newsletter list.  3 people in the 1st 50 are getting surprise remarks (also random).

On 3/14/2022 at 11:20 AM, Crops068 said:

Kyle just posted that he is doing another random giveaway to those that order one of his newly revealed SPLAT variant covers for Twig.

image.png.e4732759d96352a7ff7e9d72e5d4b76f.png

website - kylestrahm.com

You can also signup for his newsletter, he emailed the 4 covers yesterday out to those on his newsletter list.  3 people in the 1st 50 are getting surprise remarks (also random).

Ordered the virgin variant. Maybe I'll get lucky.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:24 AM, Otter1775 said:

Is this the ashcan? I ask, because I’m used to the ones that are smaller in size that I have in my collection; e.g., Image’s Codename: Stryke Force & Wild C.A.T.S. 

14AA803E-35F0-4980-8EF0-699DFD08D2DA.jpeg

Yeah, that's the one. I thought the dimensions for ashcans were smaller myself, as I've had a few like you mentioned, but many are the size of regular comics these days. I have several from Scout that are the same size as regular comics, only fewer pages.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Yeah, that's the one. I thought the dimensions for ashcans were smaller myself, as I've had a few like you mentioned, but many are the size of regular comics these days. I have several from Scout that are the same size as regular comics, only fewer pages.

Thank you, Lord Gemini for the clarification.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, Lord Gemini said:

On 3/21/2022 at 4:01 AM, Otter1775 said:

Thank you, Lord Gemini for the clarification.

The ashcan is smaller. It was posted by @Crops068 up thread but the image link isn't working anymore.

On 3/21/2022 at 7:44 AM, ygogolak said:

The ashcan is smaller. It was posted by @Crops068 up thread but the image link isn't working anymore.

Ah, thanks. I hadn't seen this particular one in person. I just know many of the ashcans I have are the same size as a standard comic.