• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a scam
1 1

38 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2022 at 1:06 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't entirely disagree, however, I am the type of person who would rather sort out my finances sooner than later. I am okay with being charged once the service begins the process (invoice reception, queued for services).

Would you think it unethical if a bank held your money for 7 months without interest? And without permitting you to make a withdrawal and go elsewhere. That is what the new cgc is doing, but they are doubling it up at the very least—by holding not only our money (in advance) but our property (our books) hostage as well. Plus, they are not responsible for any damage to our property due to any factor including their negligence. CGC has become a Bank. Do you really think they are not using all that $ while we wait and wait? And we agree to all of this. Something is very wrong 😑 

On 6/24/2022 at 8:49 AM, enigmatech said:

Would you think it unethical if a bank held your money for 7 months without interest? And without permitting you to make a withdrawal and go elsewhere. That is what the new cgc is doing, but they are doubling it up at the very least—by holding not only our money (in advance) but our property (our books) hostage as well. Plus, they are not responsible for any damage to our property due to any factor including their negligence. CGC has become a Bank. Do you really think they are not using all that $ while we wait and wait? And we agree to all of this. Something is very wrong 😑 

Awe…it’s okay. Maybe they’ll let all their loyal customers join the CGC Hedge Fund!

On 6/24/2022 at 8:49 AM, enigmatech said:

As always, context matters. If a bank offered me a contract to which this was possible, I simply wouldn't sign it.

CGC isn't holding anything hostage. You agreed to their terms when you submitted your order. There's some cognitive dissonance going on here.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

As always, context matters. If a bank offered me a contract to which this was possible, I simply wouldn't sign it.

CGC isn't holding anything hostage. You agreed to their terms when you submitted your order. There's some cognitive dissonance going on here.

I agree with you in that we are agreeing to give CGC our money and our valuable books, and l said as much. However, CGC’s published time frames for their services are a far cry from what actually happens, and over those months—sometimes over a year on certain Sig Series, we have (agreed) to let them take our payments up front, given them complete control of our property and to hold them harmless for any damage. We have also agreed to terms that are constantly changing. Using the word “hostage” may have been harsh. “Cognitive dissonance” is certainly incorrect. You need to look that up. “Stockholm Syndrome” might fit the bill.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Note that what l posed was a question.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:00 PM, enigmatech said:

Note that what l posed was a question.

Thinking more about what you noted: CGC is not to blame in any way since they are merely a shell for Blackrock’s vulture capitalism. CGC and their history of service (which has earned them terrific popularity) should be taken out of the equation entirely.

On 3/10/2022 at 1:19 AM, Rich42 said:

I submitted books 6 months ago. No change in status. I am a paid customer. I have e-mailed and tried chat with no response. I wanted to do more with CGC but with the customer service so far I am reluctant to give them anything. If you can't handle the volume then stop taking items!!! Just ridiculous. Next con I am just going to the CGC booth with a sign saying its a scam. Maybe save others the frustration and loss of items. I assume my stuff is lost. If you are reading this then get out while you can.

I submitted books over a year ago with no change in status.  I know of no other company that takes your investment, does nothing with it and gives you no access to it. Average wait times were listed as 120 work days when I submitted so I figured 6 months, but waiting over a year with no word sounds like a breach of contract to me. I will NEVER submit to CGC again or advise anybody else to submit.  I could die of COVID and CGC would still have my books.  There could be nuclear armaggedon and CGC would still have my books. I'm wondering if I need to get a lawyer.