• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Set of 1958 baseball cards
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Recently discovered a binder of cards I bought years ago is a complete set of  '58 baseball cards. Anyways, all the good ones seems to be in poor quality even though in a binder. Wondering if it is worth getting the entire set graded and what that would cost. Thanks!!

16470201372011610257664610845301.jpg

On 3/11/2022 at 9:36 AM, Scott Conant said:

Recently discovered a binder of cards I bought years ago is a complete set of  '58 baseball cards. Anyways, all the good ones seems to be in poor quality even though in a binder. Wondering if it is worth getting the entire set graded and what that would cost. Thanks!!

16470201372011610257664610845301.jpg

As an general comment, grading companies typically won't comment whether or not they a given comic/card/collectible is worth grading.  That would be a huge conflict of interest (hopefully you can see why), and they certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for giving out that kind of opinion for free to random internet strangers.  And that's before getting into how subjective 'worth it to grade' would be for any individual person.

For discussion of the baseball cards, I personally would recommend finding a forum that seriously discusses baseball cards.  The forums here seriously discuss comics, and to a lesser (but not insignificant extent) extent discuss pokemon cards, and to an even lesser extent discuss Magic cards.

good luck

I wouldn't  grade them. Sell them to a dealer and let him figure out which,if any, of them are worth grading. The common cards won't return  the cost of grading.  The cards are 63 years old. Those holders are much newer so the cards spent most of their life not in them, which is why the condition is bad.  Low grade commons from 1958 might get you a buck or two for most of them. 

Edited by shadroch