• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One more if you all don't mind considering this Uncanny X-Men 1

14 posts in this topic

This is what I see as problems: Cover colors are super vibrant. There is some color fade toward the right edge of the book. Several stress marks along spine. Off white vanilla colored pages. Back cover is better than front. I think this book is at least a Fine. Can anyone give me any further ideas? Should I submit this for grading? I would guess that this would be a pretty common book to have graded.

974640-XMen1.jpg.d1130cdb9b766f10e0301068adc488df.jpg

Without seeing the pages or back cover I would think a 6.5 to 7.0

My main concerns from the scan is the top right corner smudge..and the bottom right corner area.(This area is the part I would like to see more before maybe giving it a solid 7.0--7.5(if your lucky)

All and all..nice book though

Not trying to play it down by any means. I have to say it is the pride of my collection as I've always been a huge X-Men fan and getting this one in this condition I felt was pretty special. Too often you are let down with books bought online. People seem to overgrade badly.

This is a foolish exercise - learn how to properly size and post your scans first, then post scans of BOTH the front and back covers. It's not rocket science - just apply yourself. makepoint.gif

btw, I give it a 2.75 (based on one-half of a 5.5) gossip.gif and King you better stick to Ultimates cuz you can't grade anything older than yesterday's newspaper 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Just so I don't anger any more people regarding the scan, what is the technique to have the image a bit smaller? I'm following the post instructions and attach the image where it states to. Sure doesn't come up small like the other pictures I've seen posted. Any tips?

You have to edit the pic yourself with some software.

I don't know if paint can do it. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've always used ACDSee since I've had my first PC in 1999.

This is a foolish exercise - learn how to properly size and post your scans first, then post scans of BOTH the front and back covers. It's not rocket science - just apply yourself. makepoint.gif

btw, I give it a 2.75 (based on one-half of a 5.5) gossip.gif and King you better stick to Ultimates cuz you can't grade anything older than yesterday's newspaper 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Haha, very funny. You grade too strict most of the time. You don't go by OS standards for sure. Closer to CGC's way of grading.

Although, I did look at the scan again and noticed something I didn't before. There are dog ears on the lower right corner of the book which I overlooked. After seeing that I'd say a 6.5.

Just so I don't anger any more people regarding the scan, what is the technique to have the image a bit smaller? I'm following the post instructions and attach the image where it states to. Sure doesn't come up small like the other pictures I've seen posted. Any tips?

Scan the book at 100% of size and 100 dpi resolution. Save as a jpg (medium compression setting). This will give a good sized scan to grade without being too big. thumbsup2.gif