• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book with a bookplate attached

3 posts in this topic

Hello, sometime in the future I’m looking to submit a book called Bone Coda and I’m unsure if it will receive a Qualified label or not. It was released in 2016 for the 25th anniversary of Bone and is a half comic book/half historical essay. It’s 9 by 6.5 inches and a little more than a quarter inch thick (not sure if this would be considered a magazine or not, as it was produced in prestige format).

The copy I’d like to submit has a paper bookplate that was attached to the first page and includes Jeff Smith’s signature & a written number before a printed “500”. These were given out at the 2016 San Diego Comic Con when the book was first made available.

I’m guessing this will be Qualified but I’m not sure since the attached bookplate is not visible. Will it indeed get a green label or a blue label with a notation? Would I submit it as a magazine or a modern comic? Thanks!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I checked with our graders on this and they think the book should fit into our magazine sized holders but we will have to see it in person before we can determine the best fit.  

Regarding the type of label, the book can still receive a blue Universal label with a signed bookplate on the interior.

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you!

On 3/15/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I checked with our graders on this and they think the book should fit into our magazine sized holders but we will have to see it in person before we can determine the best fit.  

Regarding the type of label, the book can still receive a blue Universal label with a signed bookplate on the interior.

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you!

Excellent. Thank you Jennifer.