• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor City Comic Con 2022 - Novi MI - May 13-15 - William Shatner, Krystin Ritter, Cary Elwes, Superman Cast Reunion, Arrowverse, Dr Who, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, more
1 1

46 posts in this topic

After an October make up date last year, looks like this show is back to its normal home in May!  Fantastic buying show and this year it won't be the same weekend as Wizard World Chicago and Indianapolis Comic Con.

They have announced a few guests including William Shatner, a reunion of several cast members from the 1978 Superman movie, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, and more still to come.  Oh, and @greggy's favorite celebrity Freddie Prince Jr just got announced!  In years past they have spread the announcements over a few months to try to keep building steam so we shall see who else they get. 

NOTE: They did have CGC Witnesses/Facilitators on site last year but no on site submission booth like they have had in years past.

https://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/

Edited by SkOw

On 4/23/2022 at 8:36 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

By the way, the guest list is absolutely horrible. I really hope they do something to improve it super quick

The guest list always seems a tad light but the huge number of comic book dealers always makes up for it.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:46 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I’m gonna go to this show and buy out the room before you ladies set foot onto the convention building 💩

I'm already on the show floor you peasant.

Confirmed my "hotel" reservation last night :banana: 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:36 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

By the way, the guest list is absolutely horrible. I really hope they do something to improve it super quick

Books > Guests.

They just added some new celebrity guests this week.  I would say the celebrity guest list looks good, but the comic guest list is a little weak this year.  This show has had Stan Lee, Neal Adams, Jim Lee, Adam Hughes, and many more legends within the last 10 years or so, and frankly this year is a little bit on the light side when it comes to creators.  Not terrible, but light IMO.  Maybe they have a surprise? (shrug)  Like others have said though, this is a darn good buying con.  I personally am going to try to single handedly shut out @catrick339from the golden age in the room!!

Current Guest List Highlights

shatner-headshot-500x400.jpg

WILLIAM SHATNER
krhs-e1651244306630-405x500.jpg

KRYSTEN RITTER

cary-favorite-headshot-scaled-e1650462736388-500x433.jpg

@greggy : "As You Wish" - Cary Elwes is here

Danny-Trejo-4-e1648232810441-500x306.jpg

DANNY TREJO

TWD_GP_316_1127_0077-scaled-e1649216901305-500x428.jpg

CHANDLER RIGGS

Alicia-Silverstone-2-500x500.jpg