• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor City Comic Con 2022 - Novi MI - May 13-15 - William Shatner, Krystin Ritter, Cary Elwes, Superman Cast Reunion, Arrowverse, Dr Who, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, more
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Comic Creator Highlights

Amanda_PR_1-458x500.jpg

AMANDA CONNER

Jimmy_PR_New-scaled-e1646236148586-500x418.jpg

JIMMY PALMIOTTI

HS-1-375x500.jpg'

KHOI PHAM

ScottHS-500x428.jpg

SCOTT HANNA

HS-334x500.png

SIMON BISLEY

artworks-000289802864-uqh8o7-t500x500-500x500.jpg

WILLIAM MESSNER-LOEB

Bill-Morrison-HS-500x333.jpg

BILL MORRISON

20161026_1722401-scaled-e1648612520665-491x500.jpg

AFUA NJOKI RICHARDSON

alitha-1-428x500.jpg

ALITHA MARTINEZ

On 4/30/2022 at 5:34 PM, SkOw said:

They just added some new celebrity guests this week.  I would say the celebrity guest list looks good, but the comic guest list is a little weak this year.  This show has had Stan Lee, Neal Adams, Jim Lee, Adam Hughes, and many more legends within the last 10 years or so, and frankly this year is a little bit on the light side when it comes to creators.  Not terrible, but light IMO.  Maybe they have a surprise? (shrug)  Like others have said though, this is a darn good buying con.  I personally am going to try to single handedly shut out @catrick339from the golden age in the room!!

No worries, Matt.  I won't be attending. Buy it all, sell some to me!

I will be set up there for our first time in several years. This is our first show in 5 months and have added a ton of new inventory to our show stock. A lot our raw stuff is untouched from the last show we did. 

We will be in booth #643 which seems to be toward the back of the hall, but we'll have our banner hanging up high! Be sure to stop in and say hello!

image.thumb.png.8de623f06baea27404f7d908018cd75f.png

Anybody have an extra dealer badge I could have?  I can only be there on Friday so I'm hoping to get in early to make sure I can check out every booth.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

I will be set up there for our first time in several years. This is our first show in 5 months and have added a ton of new inventory to our show stock. A lot our raw stuff is untouched from the last show we did. 

We will be in booth #643 which seems to be toward the back of the hall, but we'll have our banner hanging up high! Be sure to stop in and say hello!

image.thumb.png.8de623f06baea27404f7d908018cd75f.png

:popcorn:

:banana:

@electricprune @wasonff @Guardian Comics@Iceman399

it’s on!!!

On 4/20/2022 at 6:48 PM, japittmn1 said:

Is there anyone facilitating for CGC?

thanks!

On 5/4/2022 at 10:48 PM, oohyaa said:

Where can I find their contact information?

I forget the name of the main company that did it last year, but they were setup right next to artist alley and had a big sign up so you knew they were a CGC facilitator.  They also had the paper forms as well. You can use them if you are going.  

In addition this guy is going to be there and is taking things in advance.  I haven’t used him before (I’m a Rich Henn guy) but I’ve heard he is good from people I trust.  He is on Facebook. 

DB168A25-C5CA-4802-837A-422831F734EB.thumb.jpeg.cdb5ec433bdd1ffba42d8140a4c0b0e2.jpeg

If I see the name of the other company on Friday I will try to post it here. 

A few heads up for the buyers tomorrow.  (NOTE: I am only sharing these details as I feel that I am a superior sharker to the rest of you and this info will only help level the playing field so you have at least a 10% chance at keeping up with me.)

Reece (Booth 643) and Harley Yee (615) have a lot of high end stuff, and Reece has a lot of new stuff that I didn't see at C2E2.

Comic Pop (531) also has a mix of modern variants, trades, up to high dollar wall books.  Huge setup this year.

Collector Zone (415) - is a friend of @catrick339 and honestly along with Rickster is one of my absolute favorite guys to buy from.  He also just dropped his stuff off and bounced so he didn't get picked yet.  He also just picked up a bronze age collection (Hmmmmm).  He had several big Marvel keys on his wall the last time I saw him and a few GA books as well.  I picked up an early Action from him last time at a great price!  He also has had some tremendous 5 dollar books.

Lange's Comics and Collectibles (515) - Is another favorite to buy from.  @1Cool and I had a field day with his dollar books back a couple years before the pandemic.  He sells on ebay as zillaf4 and is known as one of the tightest graders around.  No idea what he has this year though.  

Brad's Comics & Collectibles (Booth 607) - had a nice mix of dollar books, toys, and priced/wall books.

Gary Gamboa Comics (Booth 601) - has a really nice mix of GA to Bronze.  Nice wall.

Geeky Experience (935) - is a father daughter team. This is the first motor city for them.  Looked to be a big wall.

There were a TON of other dealers just starting to setup, a LOT more comic vendors than in the fall makeup show from the look of it.  A lot of toy dealers too if you are into that sort of thing.

Also please stop by Nick's Comics (booth 501) and say hello (thumbsu

Just getting home after buying all day - not nearly as good a shark as Matt (Skow).  I ended up finding a long box of nice books that will spruce up my eBay store during the summer.  I’ll post up some picture of the booths in a bit.

Edited by 1Cool

On 5/13/2022 at 5:24 PM, 1Cool said:

Just getting home after buying all day - not nearly as good a shark at Matt (Skow).  I ended up finding a long box of nice books that will spruce up my eBay store during the summer.  I’ll post up some picture of the booths in a bit.

:popcorn:

I’d say there was definitely less comic book booths then previous years but still plenty of great books.  Reese definitely brought the big hitter books and Harley had a huge booth filled with great stuff.  The crowds were great for a Friday and I saw plenty of bigger books getting bought.  Matt’s booth was busy every time I stopped in and I’m sure he did great with all the keys he brought.  Here are a few pictures of the Con.

EE426F0F-07B9-48ED-BF2E-9322D93CCEFD.jpeg

8123DC38-862B-4BC9-AD17-9CDBC8BAD0D7.jpeg