• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Indiana Comic Con - April 15-17 - Indianapolis - Giancarlo Esposito, Jim Shooter, more
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, austinhg said:

I'll be there!
I've gone to a lot of their shows in the past, and for the size it's pretty good. The artist alley last year had a lot of empty space, so I hope that changes this time around.

In terms of comic book dealers would you say there was a bunch - it looks like it has a ton of celebrities which is usually not good when it comes to the number of comic book booths.  What is your opinion?

On 3/22/2022 at 4:09 PM, 1Cool said:

In terms of comic book dealers would you say there was a bunch - it looks like it has a ton of celebrities which is usually not good when it comes to the number of comic book booths.  What is your opinion?

I'm probably a bad judge because I try to cram comic shopping, celebrities and seeing artists all into one day.

If you compare it to another close by event like Cincinnati Comic Expo, there's roughly the same amount of larger comic specific dealers. It seems like they get a lot of small shops though, as I see a lot of smaller booths packed with "hot" modern books and variant covers.

IMHO, this has always been a great con.....I go JUST for the comicbook booths and my wife and kids go for everything else.  usually a great number of dealers there.  I picked up a FF #1 in 2.0 last year :)
What I want to know is, will CGC be there at this event?

On 3/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, nkosinebantu said:

IMHO, this has always been a great con.....I go JUST for the comicbook booths and my wife and kids go for everything else.  usually a great number of dealers there.  I picked up a FF #1 in 2.0 last year :)
What I want to know is, will CGC be there at this event?

Have you figured out if CGC will be there. I want signatures but I need them to be verified. I don’t know how to if CGC isn’t there.

On 3/28/2022 at 8:12 PM, Kjh_1314 said:

Have you figured out if CGC will be there. I want signatures but I need them to be verified. I don’t know how to if CGC isn’t there.

not listed on their events - so no -- I would reach out on the Sig. section on the boards -- someone might already be planning to be there as a witness ...

I only went on Friday and had a good time. It was my first time going to a con on a Friday and it felt so much easier to get around.
I mostly shopped for books and met celebs. Since there wasn't a CGC facilitator I didn't bother with commissions, something my wallet is probably thanking me for.

I got a couple variant covers from Tristan Thompson that I've had trouble finding online. I looked for some good condition copies of silver age Green Lantern books but couldn't find much.

Found a few out of print manga volumes I was missing for cheap - Ranma 1/2, One-pound Gospel, mostly Rumiko Takahashi stuff that Viz doesn't want to reprint. I've been on a huge manga kick lately after not reading anything since ~2007 and the series I never finished are all pricey if I want to finish them. My wallet wasn't happy when I saw there was a better than usual selection.:frown: