• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DreamWorks' PUSS IN BOOTS THE LAST WISH starring Antonio Banderas (2022)

28 posts in this topic

DISCUSSING FILM: Final question, what potential do you see for another Puss in Boots sequel or the return of Shrek? Antonio Banderas recently teased a new Shrek film, but do you think if these characters were to return, we would see them in this fairy tale painting animation style or even something else perhaps?

Joel Crawford: First, I hope there are more opportunities to tell more stories with Puss in Boots, Kitty Softpaws, Perrito, and even Goldilocks and the Three Bears. When you’re directing these movies, you live with the characters and there are so many times when you go, “I wish we had time for that!” There’s just so much story to tell. In addition, this cast has been amazing to work with, they’ve all been such great partners in finding moments and finding the story with me. I would love to continue telling these stories. And to the second part of the question, I also love that we’ve broken out of things that don’t have to look all the same CG-wise, now we’re letting the story dictate where the style goes. And to me, that’s just so exciting to be in the unknown of it all.

The results on this on this one continues to improve. Good, because it deserves a sequel or tie-in via the next Shrek movie.

puss_Boots01.JPG.81dff61d33f265891dc2025647e1d96b.JPG

Pending release dates:

• January 27, 2023: Turkey
  • Feb 01, 2023: United Kingdom, Ireland
  • March 17, 2023: Japan