Marvel Comics 1 CGC 9.2
3 3

99 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 10:50 PM, Primetime said:

The greatest comic book ever published :x

@Primetime:whatthe: That is not fair to say Ben. Do the right thing Disqualify yourself from that statement :makepoint: Oh you have a copy now I get it. I guess i have to give you a Call and bring a   briefcase of money to youWWE Money In The Bank Green Commemorative Briefcase I do have a coverless copy missing last page I can throw in on the Deal.

All kidding aside Ben the 2.5 copy is selling for more than the Batman 1 2.5 :golfclap:

On 3/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, woowoo said:

@Primetime:whatthe: That is not fair to say Ben. Do the right thing Disqualify yourself from that statement :makepoint: Oh you have a copy now I get it. I guess i have to give you a Call and bring a   briefcase of money to youWWE Money In The Bank Green Commemorative Briefcase I do have a coverless copy missing last page I can throw in on the Deal.

All kidding aside Ben the 2.5 copy is selling for more than the Batman 1 2.5 :golfclap:

And I’m eating crow about that one. I underestimated the prince of the sea

On 3/17/2022 at 7:55 AM, Chicago Boy said:

MC 1 v Supe 1 for #3 

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Marvel 1 the #3 most valuable golden age book back in the 90's per OSPG? If so, looks like we're heading back there lol

A 9.2 Superman ! Would be a 5M + sale.  And maybe not even the best copy.  Then again, after this book sells, more HG copies of Marvel 1 could help it’s sales reach higher numbers.  

On 3/17/2022 at 7:54 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And I’m eating crow about that one. I underestimated the prince of the sea

Clark never would give you a bad time. I really apricate our friendship and understand why you sold your Batman 1. I think this is a crazy price for a Marvel 1 in 2.5. I will say Key books are getting so rare in low grade that people have to buy something now or will never have a chance to buy 1 again. 

On 3/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, woowoo said:

Key books are getting so rare in low grade that people have to buy something now or will never have a chance to buy 1 again. 

Harold the influx of new money seems unstoppable. What was once considered common is no longer, I guess

The new money is directed at keys and highest graded. Do you think books that don’t fit into those 2 categories are benefiting from this trend?  Are the run-of-the mill books also experiencing crazy price gains? I truly don’t know

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 3/17/2022 at 10:26 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Harold the influx of new money seems unstoppable. What was once considered common is no longer, I guess

The new money is directed at keys and highest graded. Do you think books that don’t fit into those 2 categories are benefiting from this trend?  Are the run-of-the mill books also experiencing crazy price gains? I truly don’t know

Thinking same.  Key books. MAJOR KEYS and HIGEST Graded 

On 3/17/2022 at 10:00 AM, Dark Knight said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Marvel 1 the #3 most valuable golden age book back in the 90's per OSPG? If so, looks like we're heading back there lol

I was thinking more along the lines of the low grades books

On 3/17/2022 at 8:26 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I had my Tec 27 restored 40 years ago and all the key Dealers at the time called it a restored vg/f. I have always believed that having it restored in today's time would not benefit the price any. Buyers want high grade or low grade the middle don't seem to do much.

Heritage had a CBCS E restored 4.5 Tec 27 that sold for 167k in 2016 Detective Comics #27 (DC, 1939) CBCS Restored VG+ 4.5 Extensive | Lot #91043 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

I think and the sale that closed on the 7.0 E was 336 Detective Comics #27 (DC, 1939) CGC Apparent FN/VF 7.0 Extensive | Lot #91041 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com) so as we know prices have jumped so the 167k 2016 sale of none cgc book would go way higher now 

Didn't this one used to be a 9.0?   I always thought it was over graded at a 9.0 because of the writing.  I guess it got the "historical notation" exemption back then and now.  

On 3/18/2022 at 9:12 AM, chrisco37 said:

Didn't this one used to be a 9.0?   I always thought it was over graded at a 9.0 because of the writing.  I guess it got the "historical notation" exemption back then and now.  

Marvel Comics #1 Pay Copy (Timely, 1939) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white | Lot #91243 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Marvel Comics #1 Pay Copy (Timely, 1939) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white pages....

On 3/17/2022 at 11:00 AM, Dark Knight said:

And currently All American #16 is the 4th most valuable Golden Age book according to Overstreet.