• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fast track question
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance.

I have 1 comic book that Id like to get pressed and graded. This is not a big money book. Its a modern worth maybe $50. I want it slabbed for personal reasons. I dont want to wait a year to get it back. 

On the online sub form it says $300 minimum to fast track modern books.

Does that mean the books have to be worth at least $300 to be fast tracked? Or are they gonna charge me $300 to fast track it?

Is what I wanna do even possible?...fast tracking 1,  low value - modern book?

On 3/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, The Velcronomicon said:

No it doesn't.

WALKTHROUGH

Fastest possible turnaround time. All comics. Any value.

6%FMV / comic ($300.00 min)

This is what it says.

I went through the motions and the order is in my cart.  The fee is $300. Handling is $5. Shipping is TBD

On 3/18/2022 at 11:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Ah. As mentioned by Stu, that's not Fast Track; That's Walkthrough (as it says).

I think I know where I fudged up. 

I didnt select modern. I went right to walk through.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:43 AM, lostboys said:

Thanks in advance.

I have 1 comic book that Id like to get pressed and graded. This is not a big money book. Its a modern worth maybe $50. I want it slabbed for personal reasons. I dont want to wait a year to get it back. 

On the online sub form it says $300 minimum to fast track modern books.

Does that mean the books have to be worth at least $300 to be fast tracked? Or are they gonna charge me $300 to fast track it?

Is what I wanna do even possible?...fast tracking 1,  low value - modern book?

I know you already see where you messed up, but the answer to the original question (for your information or the benefit of another newbie reading this) is that $300 for the "WALK THROUGH" is the minimum THE CUSTOMER PAYS for the service.  So its 3% of FMV or $300 that the customer pays, whichever is higher.

But yes in your instance you should probably do your best to use modern w/fast track.  But if you want it much much faster and can afford it, nothing wrong with doing Walkthrough.  Toss a bit of extra money into the economy, nothing wrong with that.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:48 PM, The Velcronomicon said:

You won't get it back in a month if you do pressing. Walk Thru pressing is a month itself. Walk Thru! :whatthe:

Nope.  Submitted express Feb 15th on a book, got it back march 6th.  Pressing and grading.  Maybe I got lucky, but that was the timeline.

Edited by Miguelb