• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm so tired of...

17 posts in this topic

awesome covers that cover up horrible art on the inside. if half of these books had insides half as good as the covers, i'd probably be buying a lot more comics.

when alex ross does a book the cover is great and the insides are pretty darn good too! is that so much to ask??

vertigo is one of the worst offenders in this regard.

make the insides like the outsides of these books and maybe they would be worth $3 a pop to me.

Y the Last Man, for me. Great covers...great story...[embarrassing lack of self control] interior art.

Blasphemy!! Pia Guerra's art is wonderful. Nobody in comics does better facial expressions. sign-rantpost.gif

Y the Last Man, for me. Great covers...great story...[embarrassing lack of self control] interior art.

Blasphemy!! Pia Guerra's art is wonderful. Nobody in comics does better facial expressions. sign-rantpost.gif

Steve Dillon for the win!

awesome covers that cover up horrible art on the inside.

You've been buying some 60s DC and Gold Key have you? poke2.gif

And 80's Marvels. Byrne on the outside, some guy drawing with the pencil in his butt on the inside.

And 80's Marvels. Byrne on the outside, some guy drawing with the pencil in his butt on the inside.

70's Marvels too. I remember riding my bike home with the latest Avengers and the cool Perez cover, only to find Don Heck inside... frustrated.gif

which DCs? I dunno, a lot of them. I don't buy them, so I don't remember the names. Some new western came out this week, I was drawn to the cover, but I wasn't going to spend $3 on the interiors. heck, the insides of fables are often sort of mediocre, although I've been buying those.

a lot of the DC books the interiors are, well, just boring, generic. yeah, they rotate some hot artists around, but it's not enough to bring in my dollars.

seriously, you can have nice insides. just look at the conan books.

if i felt like i was buying a piece of art (inside and out), rather than a shoddily drawn sequential art story, i think i'd buy more of them.