• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Backlog Cleared in Lieu of Special Events
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Perhaps it is just me but I hope it isn't.  Almost weekly I receive notices from CGC announcing new Special Signing Events.  While at the same time, I have submissions which have been in the Pressing queue for over 6 months.  Maybe it is time to stop all the special events, which seem to add even more items to the grading queue, and concentrate mainly on clearing the excessive backlog in pressing and grading.  My most 'recent' submission was sent for pressing in early September and is still in a holding pattern.  As I understand it, there has been a recent explosion of people who desire their collection graded.  This, of course, created a literal ton of work for your company but doesn't all these signing events add even more work?  Which in turn causes even more delays?  This might not be a popular opinion by many but I thought the situation should be addressed.

-Grimjack

On 3/20/2022 at 12:15 PM, Grimjack60 said:

Perhaps it is just me but I hope it isn't. 

It's not just you Grimjack, no. Many people have made the same observation which, let's face it, is an entirely logical and reasonable one to make in the absence of any official statement or figures. If it helps ease your mind, I was recently told by someone from CGC that the signing event volumes are comparatively small and do not materially impact turn around times for books submitted in the normal course of business. 

I've been wondering this as well mainly since CGC will begin attending shows in the coming weeks.  Megacon in Orlando has a huge (and fantastic) roster and is a massive show which I'm sure will add to wait times

Edited by viper2x21