• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Metal Cards
1 1

42 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 6/7/2022 at 4:51 AM, Chris831M said:

So now that we are well past May. Is there going to be any news cause I’ve held out for 6 months now for a update on these metal cards. 

We are currently finalizing a solution and hope to provide an update soon. Once we have fully tested this solution, we will make an announcement regarding it and let everyone know their metal cards can be safely encapsulated.

• Administrator
On 7/29/2022 at 3:37 AM, TCG BUGZEE said:

Hey cgc mike any new updates for the metal cards to be graded??

I  am sorry but, I  do not have a new update at this time.

Mike

Well I was able to submit mine a few days ago made two different orders; sent 2 different packages & paid for return shipping twice... it's on GODs hands now lol... I credit y'all who have waited 6 months... mailed them out two days ago & were received today...the regular card shows scheduled for grading & the metal card says received.l🤞🏽🤞🏽

On 8/11/2022 at 11:10 PM, V8Racer210 said:

Well I was able to submit mine a few days ago made two different orders; sent 2 different packages & paid for return shipping twice... it's on GODs hands now lol... I credit y'all who have waited 6 months... mailed them out two days ago & were received today...the regular card shows scheduled for grading & the metal card says received.l🤞🏽🤞🏽

They will most likely hold them for 1-2 months before mailing them back to you ungraded.

• Administrator
On 9/19/2022 at 2:33 AM, WesleyBeard said:

Bump. Any update on a timeline for the new slabs?

I posted this about 2 weeks go.

No certain ETA. But there's a concept in the mail to us right now. We should hopefully know how that works by next week. 

@CGC Mikeany updates on the metal card encapsulation. I want to send my cards in before my subscription with cgc ends but I’m afraid that the encapsulation may take another 5 months because this was first an issue back in may this year. Please let us know when you think these will ACTUALLY be able to be graded, encapsulated and shipped. Thank you

• Administrator
On 9/25/2022 at 1:06 PM, isaac fullenkamp said:

@CGC Mikeany updates on the metal card encapsulation. I want to send my cards in before my subscription with cgc ends but I’m afraid that the encapsulation may take another 5 months because this was first an issue back in may this year. Please let us know when you think these will ACTUALLY be able to be graded, encapsulated and shipped. Thank you

We are working with 2 solutions.  They will need to go through the drop test and shipping test.  That means they will have to be shipped to someone, and shipped back to us for examination.  I believe we are getting close to be able to encapsulate these.  

On 10/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, isaac fullenkamp said:

@CGC MikeAny new updates on the holders from the ship tests you did last week? 

My takeaway from following this topic throughout this whole year is that safely encapsulating metal cards is an incredibly difficult process. I think it's best to consider them ungradable for now, and when CGC eventually drops the news of a solution it will be a nice surprise.

@CGC MikeAlso wondering if there is any update on the second test for shipping. When I was told, “ we’ll keep you posted” I expected maybe an automated message update once or twice a month. May be a good idea next time so your customers aren’t left in the dark begging for answers. 

Edited by WesleyBeard

• Administrator
On 11/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, WesleyBeard said:

@CGC MikeAlso wondering if there is any update on the second test for shipping. When I was told, “ we’ll keep you posted” I expected maybe an automated message update once or twice a month. May be a good idea next time so your customers aren’t left in the dark begging for answers. 

Hi

I believe the shipping test went well but, we are making a few minor adjustments to improve the holder.   It will be at least a few more weeks.  

Mike