• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Metal Cards
1 1

42 posts in this topic

@CGC Mike Why can't we keep the metal cards at CGC and ship the rest of the cards out? I have a 10 card standard order that's been on hold for over a month. I don't want the metal cards returned to me before being encapsulated because I don't want them damaged at shipping. Would we at least be getting some sort of refund for time lost? I just want my grades... Not sure why a new order can't be created only for the metal cards on hold and shipping the ones that can be shipped

On 3/25/2022 at 1:46 PM, Joshua Park said:

@CGC Mike Why can't we keep the metal cards at CGC and ship the rest of the cards out? I have a 10 card standard order that's been on hold for over a month. I don't want the metal cards returned to me before being encapsulated because I don't want them damaged at shipping. Would we at least be getting some sort of refund for time lost? I just want my grades... Not sure why a new order can't be created only for the metal cards on hold and shipping the ones that can be shipped

I don't have any answers, BUT I might suggest that you call CGC directly and get on the line with your specific ideas and requests.  Independent of what CGC Mike says you're probably gonna have to talk to someone at CGC eventually to talk over the specifics of how to handle your situation.  It sounds like you're in a position where CGC would be responsible for making you 'whole'.  To me it seems like calling in would be more effective, more than CGC Mike being a go-between back and forth for a few rounds (then you having to wait for his response as he waits for CGC TCG response and then back and forth) then you having to contact them eventually anyways.  

• Administrator
On 3/25/2022 at 4:46 PM, Joshua Park said:

Seems you have already contacted customer service multiple times, you are probably aware of the answer.   I have already been told by upper management that the submission return would be the entire submission.  

Mike

• Administrator
On 3/28/2022 at 2:45 PM, roi asraf said:

how long is this delay???

if i would know about it i'd take this metal cards out

We don't have an estimate as to how long the delay will be at this time.  Sorry.

I just got off the phone and was told that my grading was complete but CGC is still waiting for the holder to encapsulate metal cards. The customer service rep said they didn't have my the grades on my cards in front of her. If I call back or send an email, is there a way I can I get information on what my grades are while I wait for them to be returned?

• Administrator
On 4/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, Sargeanderson said:

I just got off the phone and was told that my grading was complete but CGC is still waiting for the holder to encapsulate metal cards. The customer service rep said they didn't have my the grades on my cards in front of her. If I call back or send an email, is there a way I can I get information on what my grades are while I wait for them to be returned?

I believe you will have to wait until they have been encapsulated, and the order has been finalized.

Mike

• Administrator

Hello

CGC Trading Cards is continuing to conduct extensive research and testing into solutions to safely encapsulated the metal Pokémon Gold cards.

All submissions with metal Pokémon Gold cards will be expedited as soon as this solution is in place.

If customers do not wish to wait, they can contact Customer Service to have their submission returned. Any metal cards will not be encapsulated and the grading fees will be fully refunded.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate everyone’s patience while we work on the best long-term encapsulation solution for these metal cards.

Mike