• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden memories will Be Setting Up at Mike Carbos Big Apple con In NY this Saturday 3/26

8 posts in this topic

It seems high, But,  there were more Comic dealers  there then at most of the Convention center shows,and good ones, tons of awesome material in the room, remember its NY and really I don't think the admission was out of line 

Plus this Is a real Comic Show, very few Pops and such.

This was definately one of Mikes better shows, The place was a weird labyrinth with dealers everywhere,

Sorry you missed, it

May re-think for next time...

On 3/27/2022 at 4:47 PM, Golden Memories said:

It seems high, But,  there were more Comic dealers  there then at most of the Convention center shows,and good ones, tons of awesome material in the room, remember its NY and really I don't think the admission was out of line 

Plus this Is a real Comic Show, very few Pops and such.

This was definately one of Mikes better shows, The place was a weird labyrinth with dealers everywhere,

Sorry you missed, it

May re-think for next time...

glad it was a good show

I've been going to those shows since it was $7 I think, I guess I am getting cheap. Sat at Philly next week is $64 or something like that. zoinks.

One of the good things about Carbo's show is that it really has not changed much, since the Admission was $7, It's still the same kind of weirdly compelling old time comic show with that NY feel   it always was, 

Just as a Point of Comparison, Parking was $57, So $30 was pretty fair

maybe see you there next time 

And yeah when you go to mega shows,

you're paying for celeberities, not just the comics 

I’ve been to 5 or so Big Apple Cons, and last week’s show was the best I attended. It seemed all of the dealers had some Golden Age in their inventory, which is really nice to see. I ended up buying a couple of books I’ve had a hard time finding (eg Challengers of Unknown 3, Hughes’ Dirty Pair variant). I had a great time. I would have stayed longer but I ran out funds.

On 3/28/2022 at 6:37 AM, Golden Memories said:

Just as a Point of Comparison, Parking was $57, So $30 was pretty fair

I went to MOCCA this weekend, $18 one day and $25 two day admission. Not the same audience I understand, but also in NYC Manhattan and actually in a nicer venue by far. (I parked on the street for free as well. Line was around the block to get in so it seemed well attended. Saw Mike Mignola and Donato Giancola, so awesome day.)

They used to run Big Apple and MOCCA on same weekend sometimes, THAT was a good day to go into NY.