• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 209 Mark Jewelers insert question
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a ASM # 209 "Mark Jewelers insert" issue.  The question I have about this issue, is that on the front cover, behind the issue number is a star of sorts, seems like a starfish, that I have not seen on other issues.  I looked for it on other Mark jewelers insert issues and don't see it there either, does anyone know what it means?

Thanks.

ASM 209 9.2 front.jpg

ASM 209 9.2 reverse.jpg

ASM 209 9.2 front (2).jpg

On 3/25/2022 at 11:50 AM, Comicsadelphia said:

@steveinthecityweren't all these Mark jewelers insert issues sold on military bases?  Wouldn't they all have that?

Thanks for the answer.

Likely not, as it would be at the discretion of the shop to do so as well as follow through by the store staff.  It was apparently random, though not an uncommon practice to stamp books.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, Comicsadelphia said:

@steveinthecityweren't all these Mark jewelers insert issues sold on military bases?  Wouldn't they all have that?

Thanks for the answer.

Military bases, yes.
On all of them, no.  In fact we are finding that it's on less than half, maybe even less than 25%.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:50 AM, Comicsadelphia said:

Thanks for the answer.

I can tell you that mine had star stamps on them, but the ink broke down and separated off of the book. Its hard for me to describe, but in my situation I kept them in poly bags and i would actually see the ink come loose and roll onto the plastic. Hopefully someone else has seen what I am referring to and can explain it better.

Edited by mysterymachine

On 3/29/2022 at 6:43 PM, mysterymachine said:
On 3/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, Comicsadelphia said:

steveinthecityweren't all these Mark jewelers insert issues sold on military bases?  Wouldn't they all have that?

Thanks for the answer.

I can tell you that mine had star stamps on them, but the ink broke down and separated off of the book. Its hard for me to describe, but in my situation I kept them in poly bags and i would actually see the ink come loose and roll onto the plastic. Hopefully someone else has seen what I am referring to and can explain it better.

Edited 2 minutes ago by mysterymachine

Also, they were stamped to mark them as sold. 

If the teller forgot, were given away, and or other donations of copies, perhaps the book may not have it.

It's not like the military bases received them as manufactured that way.  :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM