• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

investing right now
7 7

195 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, D2 said:

Do you think then, genuinely, that books like Wolverine Limited #1, Marvel Comics Presents #72, and… a good read, Wolverine #66 vol. 3 are going to keep rocketing in value?

Do you think they are going to go down in popularity? Will Wolverine be more or less popular five years from now when he is firmly established in the MCU? Will his increased presence make him less popular?

On 3/29/2022 at 10:53 AM, D84 said:

I'm not sure on this one. It seems Marvel's strategy with Frank is to flush him down the toilet.

If what the current run of The Punisher does continues, it might destroy the character completely. 

if he can survive being an angel, the hand is no problem

On 3/29/2022 at 4:10 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Buy multiples cheap of any Bronze, Copper, or Modern Age Marvel character that has not yet been announced to join the MCU. ASM 265 comes to mind as an example. I believe your return will be significantly higher with much less risk than buying a Daredevil 1 (just as an example).

Its good advice and the investor in me agrees, but I suppose the collector in me loves owning some of the blue chips just to look at and know I own it. I wouldnt swap 100 Hulk 181s for my AF15 if I was given the chance to go back in time even if that makes sense from a return point of view. Stupid I know else why label those comics as investments if you cant park the comic book reader in you

On 3/29/2022 at 4:11 PM, Stefan_W said:

It is a tough market to figure out investment choices since many of the bigger keys are sky high right now. I dont have a crystal ball or anything, but I cant see everything sticking at current market prices. 

My personal opinion is a lot of the early Batman keys, particularly GA ones, are solid investments right now. Yes, they are jumping in price but they have been undervalued for a long time so it is more of a market correction than anything. 

I was looking here but they all seem so highly priced and never do anything exciting price wise (not in the ones I can afford) I turned down a batman 1 (ok in a 2 only, but hell batman 1) about 15 or so years ago because it just seemed silly money. I cant remember how much but think less than 10k, or at least my memory has convinced me it was. Not sure what of the affordable ones I would go for. Despite owning 608 retailer the modern ones dont excite me but that seems to be where any movement comes from. Like the idea of a golden age batman but remember these purchases I make are only every 2 years or so now and I want to make them count

On 3/29/2022 at 5:55 PM, NoMan said:

Whoever posted re: DKR #1 9.8 I believe is on the right path. 

The ignore button is helpful here, not perfect, but does help.

One of the first comics I bought, just released at the time ! Part of my main collection, read it to death, was before I started looking after my comics and looks like its in a CGC 3 grade now!

On 3/29/2022 at 10:04 AM, Casey Ryback said:

One of the first comics I bought, just released at the time ! Part of my main collection, read it to death, was before I started looking after my comics and looks like its in a CGC 3 grade now!

I can't help but think there are lots and lot in good condition, yet unslabbed. you could say the same thing about Star Wars 1, also. Who knows....

Edited by NoMan

On 3/29/2022 at 8:37 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

ASM 129

On 3/29/2022 at 8:47 AM, Casey Ryback said:

was thinking about this but amount out there puts me off. Thats said hulk181 has similar numbers and that wont stop going up. Thanks

As I track the pieces of my personal collection monthly / yearly I can speak to these two directly.
ASM 129 had a 98.93% increase YOY 2020/2021  My 1st highest
IH 181 had a 69.57% increase YOY 2020/2021      My 3rd highest

ASM 1 had a 71.48% increase YOY 2020/2021      My 2nd highest
UF #4 had a 69.52% increase YOY 2020/2021       My 4th highest

Edited by Troy Division

On 3/29/2022 at 1:13 PM, Troy Division said:

As I track the pieces of my personal collection monthly / yearly I can speak to these two directly.
ASM 129 had a 98.93% increase YOY 2020/2021  My 1st highest
IH 181 had a 69.57% increase YOY 2020/2021      My 3rd highest

ASM 1 had a 71.48% increase YOY 2020/2021      My 2nd highest
UF #4 had a 69.52% increase YOU 2020/2021       My 4th highest

In what grades?

On 3/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Switching gears a bit, I think ASM 31 still has a long way to go before achieving its potential.  You can still get a nice 8.0 for under $3K.

thoughts?

Wow.  I didn't know this particular issue had gone up this much.  I always preferred Gwen to MJ.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:14 AM, Casey Ryback said:

Anyone selling one for my $5k budget send them my way, but its above my pay grade that one in 9.9

First Wood God?