• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 posts in this topic

FYI - I used a FUGG (Fogel’s Underground Price & Grading Guide) to identify printings. Any errors in listings are due to my blockheaded misinterpretations, but I think I got them straight. Though Mother’s Oats 1 can be tough as the differences are minuscule…

On 4/3/2022 at 12:57 AM, rjpb said:

Young Lust is one my favorite UG series. Any fan of SA Romance should seek them out. Raunchy and funny parodies of the genre. Tales of the Toad #2 is an under appreciated UG "key". 

Funny you say that, Richard. As I was grading these for the thread, those books stopped me as I got caught up reading them. Great analogy for them!

Zippy surprised me with how cheap it is. I also thought the character was a bit older than he is. For a while there, he was everywhere. Kind of a counterculture Mickey Mouse, as Mr Natural was before him. (The Natch is still my favorite to come out of the entire underground comix effort.)

Big Apple Comix nn, only printing. VG+ small piece of tape on back cover. $15

Who didn’t work on this Flo Steinberg-quarterbacked one-shot? Line-up includes Wally Wood, Al Williamson, Neal Adams, Larry Hama, Herb Trimpe, Linda Fite, Ralph Reese, Alan Weiss, others. This one was Dan Green’s personal copy; I bought it from him.

7C9110A8-4364-4BE1-8BD4-DFE6CE328441.jpeg

2EE26A6A-9A7E-4CD8-BF57-CBB7A7E59D3F.jpeg

On 4/2/2022 at 9:02 PM, Readcomix said:
On 4/2/2022 at 8:49 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Can you imagine the Tweetstorm that would ensue if someone ran one of those "suicide" parodies today?

I thought that as I was shooting it! Welcome to the thread, Matt!

I've been looking for the back cover forever - I remember it fondly from when I was a kid. However, I thought it was on the back of a Freak Brothers comic, as those are about the only undergrounds I read. I guess I have been looking in the wrong place...., :blush: