• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Fantastic Four 1 with a chunk out

14 posts in this topic

This is how I see it. Cover and edges in pretty good shape. Tanned cover and pages. Back cover is the same except for a good size chunk missing in top left corner. No interior pages missing or damaged. How does this rank usually? 976814-Fantastic41Fr.jpg

Here is the back: 976814-Fantastic41Bk.jpg

976814-Fantastic41Bk.jpg.0ada45814ab09ce940b0b5621937a924.jpg

Very low quality scan. I'm usually one to grade no matter how bad the scan, but I can't tell where any stresses are or anything. Its really pixelated.

If I had to take a general guess I'd say no higher than a 3.0...but really need a better scan.

Very low quality scan. I'm usually one to grade no matter how bad the scan, but I can't tell where any stresses are or anything. Its really pixelated.

If I had to take a general guess I'd say no higher than a 3.0...but really need a better scan.

Ditto. The scans are too pixelated...this could be anything from a 2.0 to a 5.0....

Evene with the quality of scan I cant see it getting more then a 3.0 grade

The water stain top left corner and the chunk missing kill it for me

But its better then the FF1 I have ---which is none smile.gif

Probably right, but if that infamous Action Comics #1 was able to garner a 2.5 with a chunck missing on the front cover who knows what'll happen...

No GA bump for FF 1s .... frown.gif

Probably right, but if that infamous Action Comics #1 was able to garner a 2.5 with a chunck missing on the front cover who knows what'll happen...

No GA bump for FF 1s .... frown.gif

I heard that the Action 1 smells like mildew.. I like to feel a book... is it water drenched? that would pull it down to 1.8, like Aces said. But it's a fairly solid book except for the two defects.

Ditto. The scans are too pixelated...this could be anything from a 2.0 to a 5.0....

Double-frikkin' ditto sumo.gifdevil.gif

I think whatever it grades, it's a nicer book than it's likely to get graded at. Given a choice between that in (say) 3.0 and another 3.0 with no missing piece, but general wear and tear over the front cover, I'd take yours.

I don't think it's a slab candidate, unless you want a resto check, but I think it would sell well in person.

I'm not a Marvel man, but congrats on a nice book.

I think the chunk missing along with the water damage and rough bottom edge add up to a 1.8/2.0 GOOD-/GOOD

For a book with a low "technical" grade, it has decent eye appeal. Throw it in a mylar with a backing board and it will look like a 3.5-4.0

acclaim.gif